Feeling dizzy and light headed could it be brain cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Need urgent help

I have been told I may have a brain tumour had emergency MRI still waiting for results going very dizzy and light headed feels like I'm constantly drunk, also my one druppy voice slurred but told not a stroke two doctors says its possible a brain tumour not feeling good.

As anyone every had the same thing need help. Please help me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

could be s number of issues including vertigo or middle ear infection. hopefully its either one of those and not too serious. sometimes doctors get it wrong so try relax and go back to your doctors and tell them to get the finger out. best of luck.

• Posted

The balance issue cd be the calcium crystals in your ear hv become loose. It cd also be something neurological which wd require a neurologist to do an MRI. Try not to worry as that just increases your symptoms and distress. Get in to a dr as soon as possible and try some relaxation techniques like paced or focused breathing to concentrate on. IT's a mindfulness technique that is proven to reduce anxiety. Good luck.

• Posted

I get really upset when doctors say it could be something serious before the MRI or scans are read.

they should wait and get a result first. It could be something non-serious as well. I have had dizziness for years and years and it was all related to stress and anxiety. I’m glad you’re getting checked out but try to relax as much as possible. Go to YouTube and search for meditations for anxiety. They are very helpful and calm you down.

one I really like is called " it’s OK" . By Lauren. She really knows how to make you feel calm and relaxed. ❤

• Posted

Good morning beverley

Sorry for late reply only just come out of hospital, hospital found 2 growths back of eyes from my NF1

But waiting for more tests asked the question if I could go blind but can not confirm this, still very dizzy but don't seem to make much of it I feel down to this news but so want my 4 appointments to come quickly for different tests.

Hope you are well.

• Posted

Good morning jan

Sorry for late reply just come out of hospital still very dizzy today but given tablets to help.

Doctors also found 2 growths back of eyes so worried. Asked if I could go blind but couldn't answer my question.

I have 4 hospital appointments for tests one being for my eyes

Feeling very worried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.