Feeling dizzy and off balance since last 2 years

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am male 33 years. Feeling dizzy and off balance since last 2 years. intially it was manageble but since last three months its making me disable. 

I made countless visits to doc office with nothing got diagonosys yet. I feel off balance like I am rocking although my body is still. I am facing following

- Lightheadeness, dizziness, off babalance often promident after sleep, i feel like I am in some bubble world. It brings episode of nausia.

- Heavy eyes, difficulty moving eyes. Vision has been degraded, blurred vision, trouble seeing in the night. Sandy/windy eyes. Difficult concentrating on computer screen

- Continues heavy head, sometimes front head, sometimes side or sometime back part of the head. Sometime get pretty bad headache.

- Trouble in coordination, feels like I will drop something that is hold in my hand.

- Slurred speech, During episode of off balance/diziness, I find difficult to pronounce certain words.

- Stiffed neck, although its not showstopper, but sometime I feel my headache is originating from there.

- I feel my legs are warm like I have fever.

I have consulted cardiologist, neorologist, ENT, opthamologist, physical threorapist, allergist and endochronologist, following tests has been done with nothing found except a little high blood pressure for which I am taking Biostolic 5mg since last three months. Also my cholestrol level is little eleveted.

Also I am suffering with episodes of ED since these sysmtop started two years back, its off and on, not sure its related to this.

- Stress test

- Echocariogram

- Heart CT - Calcium score is 0.

- Cardio Vascular ABI

- Hormone test - all hormones ok except testestorone low at 290

- Brain MRI without contrast

- Balance ENG test - Little BPVV identified on left year but Physical threoropist ruled out that after performing epley maneuver two times.

- Lyme disease test

- Allergey test - no allergey found

- Physical threoropist is trying gaze stabalization excersize, he suspect VOR, but no relief yet after 4-5 visits.

- opthamologist examined eye, have very minor catract which doesnt require any treatment. He suggested to check for ocular maythenetia.

Appointment is scheduled for ocular maythenetia in the month end.

I am also planning to visit orthopedics to check if I have cervical related problem as I have stiff neck.

I started doing cario excersice since 4 months and since last 3 moths I am also lifting heavy weights in gym.

So here is my story, I feel like disable everyday as I wakeup with headche, off balance, not able to concentrate on my work. Any real experience who got similar symptoms? Please help.

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You've had about every test possible done, but has no one suggested you might have migraine associated vertigo?

I have both BPPV and MAV so didn't realise I had 2 separate conditions. I have silent migraines which were causing my visual disturbance problems, the aura without the headache.  I was put on nortriptyline 20mgs past year and have 80% in improvement with MAV (Migraine associated Vertigo) and have cut out certain foods that are triggers.  All best wishes.

• Posted

Thanks anne05147. What is Nortripyline used for? Any side effects? Do you take it regulary or as and when required?

I am going to discusd MAV with my ENT in next visit.

• Posted

In small doses it is used a neuropathic pain relief, it is an old style tricyclic antidepressant in higher doses.  I take a daily dose of 10mgs for silent migraines which caused MAV.  I have also tried to cut out certain foods that could be triggers to migraines e.g., chocolate and cheese.Good luck with your next ENT visit .  I don't experience any noticeable side effects on the tablet but everyone is different.  

• Posted

I have had vestibular neuritis since April. Came on very suddenly.  I've been given vestibular physiotherapy , it's working , I think, but very slowly. I am functioning but dizzy.  Crossing the road, stairs, sudden movements are all disorienting. One of my main problems is a feeling of being remote from the world, as if looking at it from the wrong end of a telescope, or through a pane of glass. I find my quickness of mind is affected, I forget words and feel disassociated from what is going on around me unless I make a concerted effort.  My IQ and concentration levels seem considerably diminished to me. I've been asked to wrote an article about the condition and I thought I'd ask if anyohe else here  - apart from RD 13 - feel ssimilar symptoms?  How would you describe them? ? 

• Posted

Think we all have similar symptoms. Some have more. Some less. I do simple math at work. Subtracting etc. I been doing it for 27 years. Find myself unable to figure it out sometimes. Gets frustrating cause i do it dozens of times a day every day. Glad to know its not just me has that symtom. Lol. When it takes you a couple minutes to subtract 12 from 53 , makes you wonder now whats wrong. Esp after doing it so long.
    • Posted

Thanks for this. Do you mean you've had the condition for 27 years? Or that you've been doing maths at work for 27 years, and now find yourself frsutrated by suddenly not being able to do these simple calculatons?   

• Posted

Had the condition 10 years. Was on and off. Past 3or4 years its been a steady dizzy all the time. Vertigo about every 4 months or so but not bad. About 5 weeks ago i got vertigo bad. Now it wont go away. Get a littlevspin 4 times a day or so. Bad dizzy all the time. Got into do PT but i called them yesterday. Its making it 10 times worse. Never did that before. VNG i had done years ago both ears where pretty close. Left one was definatley the one causeing the issues tho. Getting new test results in 7 hours. But the tech who did the test told me my left ear didnt react to the stimulus that much. My right ear was way,way more sensitive. So its gotten worse. I kinda knew that tho. They blow warm and cold air in your ears. With goggles on so its dark. It gives you vertigo. They.record eye movement. Left ear didnt react til the end and very little. Right ear reacted right away.
    • Posted

btw my physio told me it would make it worse before it made it better. If that is any encouragement. And she was right, it was quite a lot worse at first and then it settled down a lot and some of the movements are becoming a bit  easier. Better days and worse days.  
    • Posted

Yes. I been to it before. Just this time its off the hook. Very bad and violant. Think she may have started me off with to much or something. No idea. Seems like i just start to do them i can feel it gearing up to kick my butt. Real bad. Think shes making the monster mad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.