Feeling down,

Posted , 9 users are following.

Its now 10 weeks post my Scarf Ostiotomomy ( wrong spellings) and my foot has shown no sign of going down in the slightest.. I face the whole thing again in 5 months after falling and breaking the toe week 2. I have no idea how it looks because of this awful swelling.. Just need some reassuring words..

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sue. Yes, I reckon ankles and backs get a bit out of sorts while they adjust to the new gait. How is the swimming going? Would that be good exercise at this point?
  • Posted

Hi Sue, no worries and really no need for apologies. 

I  get pain in my ankle now toom think must be due to our new way or walking. Hope yours isn't causing too much discomfort. All crossed for your appointment on Friday, tell them to get it sorted for you.... like now! x    

• Posted

Hi Nicolla and Bee, the swimming unfortunately has only happened twice so far, but I als enjoyed a night out for a two hour spa and a curry at the health club we belong to.. Think I could do with one right now lol.. 

Bee, thank you, I will beg the GP to arrange an appointment with someone, I think a steroid injection in the foot might sort it for a few months, as it did last time.. Sadly you can only have about three, I've just had the one so far.. After that it will have to be an operation, 😮😜😖🙀xxxxxx

• Posted

Pleased for you managing to fit in a curry in with your swim, sounds my kind of health club!! But what a horror your injection sounds, hopefully it will last a good long time, can imaging the word operations is enough to send you off into the corner screaming..sad so not fair!! xx
    • Posted

It's a lovely health club Bee, I can't afford to go to the spa very often, so it was a bit of a treat. The health club offers the two hour spa and a curry for just £25.00 every Thursday night. I kept saying I would go one week but had no one to go with. One of the girls who works on reception offered to join me, so we went and had a thoroughly good evening.. 😀 

On the other note, a can't say the prospect of another operation, more pain, another six weeks sitting at home, not being able to have a bath or shower is something I like like the thought of no. I can't believe these things happen to me. I would not mind quite so much if I felt confident, my foot would be a perfect shape and I can get used to not being able to ever bend my second to again. 😞

• Posted

Woah!! Bargain!! That sounds brilliant. Hope you get to do that again a few times before the next op for your lovely new foot. It will be lovely too and totally worth it, remember you were just way unfortunate. Won't happen again smile. xx
  • Posted

I agree with bee sue. You were just unlucky and it won't happen again.  Chin up..there are always people worse off.  I know it is frustrating and you are mapping out the time to recover but a new foot is worth that time so think positively and smile. 😃
    • Posted

I will Sue, and hopefully on Friday my GP will be able to do something about the other problem😀😀😀
  • Posted

Yes, chin up! I find it helpful to try and achieve something that I can do even with a bad foot but normally wouldn't have the time for, like a course in something or better cooking (well, that didn't happen actually even with the extra time). Of course, I don't know if you have any extra time. I did, as work were good and paid me while I was off and recovering. To be honest, my foot wasn't perfect before the op in the way of function and when it has fully healed (a year after the op apparently) it almost certainly still won't be perfect but I will be pleased if it is just better than it was. The time will pass soon enough and you will be having your next op and things will get better as you will start seeing improvement!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.