feeling down

Posted , 5 users are following.

Not feeling great today ... feel like I ruin a lot of things because of my crohns ...

I know that I ruin meals because nearly everything I eat I end up vomiting or getting dihirea afterwards ... nobody will go out for meals with me anymore or if they do they are reluctant and I know its because they don't want me or them to waste money on food that wont even stay insideme very long ...

I cant go for long walks with my boyfriend like I used to because of the pain ... im terrified of trying new things or doing things I haven't done in a while in case it makes everything worse ...

I feel like it is controlling me and my life .... help what can I do im already on prednislone 30mg a day ...

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It will get better honest ring your ibd nurse and get consultations pester them like mad.

• Posted

Hey, im sorry to hear that. Don't worry I feel the Same. Why don't you try taking Imodium or loperamide. They should help with dihoearrea when you have a flare but I'm not sure if it will tolerate with the pred. Try asking you local gp for it. Honestly it really helps especially if you want to go out just take it and itl be gone for hours.

I understand how you feel I just choose not to go out because I feel so uncomfortable

Hope you get well soon. Please do try that medication cause it helps me and I've been up and down with my cd

• Posted

Hi ya the predonisolin Is probably main cause also one of the side effects are you feel emotionally unstable and depressed if just finished a course of them again and am suffering the same as for the toilet requirements over time you can train your body to ignore certain urges and a change in diet (avoiding trigger food) which can be hard in early stages like you are because your not sure what's triggering stomach probs etc cab be difficult I find eating plain chicken plain rice pasta works for me with a squirter of salad cream or sauce of choice vary with a veg or two so it's not boring works for me but each suffer is different keep your chin up we are all in this together and I'm sure your boyfriend will support you (:
  • Posted

Pred is the devil and an angel ! I felt better on it but couldn't sleep and made me feel sooo low. Being unsure how your gut will react when eating out is awful I have refused so many invitations cos I was scared of the repercussions . Real friends will understand. Live life the best you can on the day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.