Feeling down

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, im 19 and had alopecia for a year now, very random never experienced it before anyway, it was after my first car accident and i twinged my back during this then hurt it again playing rugby and about 3 months later i noticed a bold patch on side of my head 2 really small 5p spots and i thought nothing of it really anyway couple of months and they grew together and quite big but on one side which was not the best but i didnt mind. Now unfortunately though after about 3 months of it being just one side it went around the back and every where, i try to wear hats as much as possible or keep it shaven but just gets to you sometimes. Anyway im pretty sure its got something to do we some nerves in my back running up to my scalp as i still have the back pain now. I am getting quite abit of regrowth though but very slow.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Callum,

I have not been on this discussion page for some time as I feel a bit despairing that hair loss is not understood by anyone especially, and it seems an intractible problem.  I still have the bald patch on one side of my head and I think that it is getting worse.  Fortunately, being a woman, I can grow my hair so that it is covered.  In the meantime I am taking great care of my hair.  I do not blow dry it any more and I wear a head cover in bed just in case the pillow rubs delicate hair follicles.  About two or three times a week I massage a carrier oil with some essential oil in it.  Just now I am trying teatree oil.  I have also begun to take Hairburst.  This is the trade name for chewable hair vitamins that you can get from Holland and Barret.  I am not sure if they work but they are supposed to promote hair growth - though no claim is made that they will make bald patches regrow.  I am very glad that in your case you are getting regrowth even though it is slow. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.