Feeling down

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suffer with anxiety and I've been feeling pretty down today...having crying spells off and on...do anyone else go through this and what do you do to make you feel better

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

This happens to me when I'm having a bad day where my anxiety is getting to me. I usually start having crying spells when I get frustrated about feeling like this. Nothing really helps but to just let myself cry and tell myself tomorrow will be better. Also I've noticed having some sort of religion to believe in has helped me. Otherwise I haven't found anything that helps me.

• Posted

I cry so so much, it's unbelievable how much I cry, and I cry over EVERYTHING. I am the most emotional and sensitive human being ever. When I cry it's very hard to turn the tears off, but I usually try to distract myself in some way.  I'm not sure this is the best remedy, to just ignore the crying or the feel of crying.  But what I'll do is watch a funny show on netflix, or a movie. Read a book, clean, listen to podcasts, listen to friends talk.   Anything mindless.   This helps me focus less on the crying and distracts me from being so aware of the crying spells, that I eventually feel fine.  I have severe depression and anxiety and I still do feel very empty and down after this, but it gets rid of the crying at least. Usually to make me feel better about life though, I'll hang around my friends or keep watching comedy movies.

Sorry if this didn't really help you, and if I did in some way, i'm glad!

• Posted

Thank you it did help me I'm going to try that!!! I just be so drained at the end of the day for crying

• Posted

I totally understand.  I spent the entirety of the day crying yesterday, that I was having that weird experience where you don't really feel like you're in your own body, just kind of there. And I have just been distracting myself all day to prevent more tears from coming.  I hope distracting yourself helps, but also sometimes it is good to let everything out rather than keeping everything in.

• Posted

Yes I feel like this often, some days I feel really down and spend most of the day in tears and just feel really irritable Some days I can get through the whole day without crying (sometimes this feels like a big achievement for me!!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.