Feeling drained after a bad anxiety day!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else feel totally drained after a day of bad anxiety?

I had a really bad day yesterday. Knots in stomach the whole day and had a really bad panic attack yesterday afternoon.

Today I feel horrendous and it's making the anxiety bad again because I'm scared the high levels of anxiety yesterday have harmed me!

I feel weak, hot, gassy and burly, my chest feels sore and numb on the left side. I'm so afraid I've caused some physical harm through being so anxious!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It happens to me all the time...

A bad anxiety day can be filled with overthinking, panic, racing thoughts, a LOT of negativity, being on the floor in a ball crying until I'm sick, tears, hyperventilating with random bouts of hyperactivity and back to lows, and at the end of the day, I'm more exhausted than a two hour workout at the gym...

You'll be fine though.. smile

Take a deep breath and sometimes if things get too much, I find a nap helps if possible to fall asleep at all...!

If you're still breathing now, you've made it through another day...

Moods come and go, just tell yourself it won't last forever and tomorrow is a new start... :D

• Posted

I feel absolutely exhausted after a bad day of anxiety. I will often need more sleep or naps. even though it's not the same feeling as being exhausted after a big gym session I still find that I am completely drained of energy. I also get weird pains in my chest which sets of triggers in my head that something is seriously wrong with me, however, once the radical part of my brain kicks in and with a little self motivation I understand that i am not indeed in danger and these feelings pass smile 
  • Posted

Hi, I have all of your symptoms plus many more.  I also feel fatigued and drained of energy.  Just posting to try and put your mind at rest. ANXIETY SYMPTOMS CANNOT HARM YOU.  No matter how uncomfortable the symptoms are they cannot do any physical harm, it's just fight or flight....adrenalin to help get your body ready for action.  Your negative thinking makes your body feel there's something wrong and dangerous so produces more and more chemicals.... one of them is adrenalin, this is why your so knackred, try and reason with it and tell yourself your not in any real danger, the symptoms will gradually die down then fade away.

Hope this helps neutral

• Posted

I am constantly feeling drained with my anxiety and worry I have constant knot in my stomach but I am also a new mum with a 13day old baby boy to look after and lack of sleep does not help the way I feel either! Are you take my any medication? I have recently been prescribed antidepressants and I'm hoping they kick in soon so I can go back to my normal self because at the moment I feel like a totally different person x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.