Feeling Drunk/Derealized with Tinnitus for 7 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I traveled to the Dominican Republic 7 months ago, and my symptoms started the minute I got back.

It started with this feeling of disorientation/feeling derealized. Then I was hit with fatigue and tinnitus in both ears. My hearing and balance tests came back normal though, so I think there is some greater underlying issue.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions on what could be going on! Thank you!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any pain in your neck or the base of your skull? You could look into occipital neuralgia. Have you gotten a blood test. Check for low iron, vitamin b12. When these are low it can make you feel bad. Also have them check for Lyme. You may also want to check in with a neurologist

• Posted

hey thanks for the suggestions.

i was having pain there before until i took some doxy. i took it about four months in to treat suspected sinusitis. that should have gotten rid of Lyme as well. but just to be safe i had a lyme test that was negative as well. ill look into the vitamins and iron though. thank you so much!

• Posted

This year so many people became sick misteriously and also died in Dominican republic , so maybe you should alert the Feds and CDC about your case , maybe they already know what's happening there and have a cure for you.

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.