Feeling drunk when i dont drink

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, i am suffering from severely slurred speech, feeling what i imagine is like drunk when i dont drink, acting so as well, with a constant headache that is worse when standing or moving and blurry confused thoughts. This has been happening since wednesday.

i am a young woman in mid 20s. I'm overweight i will admit, and suffer from several conditions, the main ones being epilepsy and a condition similar to PTSD. All the symptoms im having could be a really bad episode with my epilepsy, but i feel i need to see someone. The problem is convincing mum to take me, as she is convinced ite the epilepsy.

Im hoping you may be able to give me some backup opinions on whether i should get seen and what it might be.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Molly,Am curios what meds you are on.I say that because sometimes I go thru periods similar to yours.It is the neurontin combined with some other meds that I take..
  • Posted

I’m going through a similar thing I’ve got epilepsy too it’s like your drunk but not drank anything I get really tired and groggy afterwards which is making us thing it’s a seizure 
  • Posted

I ended up going to a&e yesterday and thet say its a neurololgy issu but not the epilpsy. So now i hav to wait (ironic) for urgent apt and should have confirmation of it in a week

• Posted

Did they say or suggest what it could or might be and hopefully you’ll find out soon what it is 
  • Posted

Hi Mq1 olly,My Neuro thinks I have an inner ear problem along with everything else.Have them check your ears.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.