Feeling Effects of the Choking Game, how Serious is it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My brother and I stupidly decided to play a variant of the choking game to see who was stronger and it went wrong. The rules were that the legs would squeeze the other person's neck until that person gave up (signalled by tapping out), whoever tapped out first was the loser and therefore weaker.

My brother was up first and I let go after about 220 seconds (we would count out loud) as I couldn't get him to tap out. When it was his turn to choke me, I didn't take it seriously as I'm 18 years old, 6'0 and 140 pounds and he is a mere 11 years old, 4'9 and 60 pounds. I assumed that I wouldn't tap out either. So I was surprised by the pain and by the time my brother had counted to 3, I had already tapped out. I claimed that I wasn't ready and we did it again. This time I didn't submit and passed out around the 15 second mark. My brother didn't notice I was knocked out and continued squeezing.

He said that around the 200 second mark he noticed that I was shaking severely and so he let go. After that, I was out cold for about 10 minutes, my mouth was foaming and I had urinated and excreted.

After that, I felt very dizzy and had a headache but I didn't feel that it warranted a doctor but now I've noticed some possible symptoms. I've thrown up twice since the choke (yesterday) and it took me about 10 minutes to stand up after waking up today.

What was the shaking? Did I have some kind of seizure? I've read a lot about the dangerous side effects and I've had really intense headaches since the incident yesterday. Will this go away? My friend told me that sometimes people shake after getting knocked out and it's normal, so I didn't go to the doctor. Should I go? What are the effects of the game that I could have?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I definitely think that you should see a doctor, it sounds as if you could very well have had a seizure of some kind. It just isn't worth risking your health, I'm not aware of shaking being a common thing for an unconscious person to do.

Seek medical advice, you've had a bad reaction to what's happened and this needs to be investigated. By the way, height and weight (or relative strength) aren't guarantees of anything, where this type of thinget are concerned.

Please get it checked.

• Posted

I forgot to add: please NEVER do anything like this again, it's not a game, it's just dangerous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.