Feeling elated!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

HI I am week 6 post operation and I have been allowed to have my bootie off, what a great feeling! I can get my foot into quite a few of my shoes, best of all my riding boots smile so looking forward to getting back to riding next weekend, very happy!!! smile smile

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Congratulations and how nice to hear of a positive outcome!  Just don't overdo it.  It must be great to have pretty feet again!  I hope I will too when I take the plunge!
  • Posted

Congratulations...so happy for you.  Hopefully my surgery will go as well as yours did! 
    • Posted

Thank you! I'm sure it will, its been a hard road and I have felt low sometimes, but you have to stay positive, anyway here is my foot week 6
  • Posted

Great to hear you can fit into your shoes! It must be so good to walk normally again! I'm one week post op... Counting down the weeks now! 
    • Posted

The very best thing is having legs the same lenght LOL!!. Its impossible to match a shoe or sandal to the exact same height as a bunion bootie, inevitably one leg is a few millimeters shorter. Add that to the effect of crutches and you have a very uneven, mess - I've been having a few oesteopathy sessions to help, time for the physio now to help me start using my big toe to walk properly - but the end is in sight!
  • Posted

Awww great news. I'm 20 days post op so hope I'm feeling like you do when I reach my 6 week mark x
  • Posted

So pleased for you!!! I am 7 weeks today and can't get my feet in to hardly any of my shoes so had to buy a couple of new (horrid lace ups) until the swelling dies down. Am doing really well with the walking tho and managed the gym last not so also pretty elated!!!

Enjoy riding smile x

• Posted

Wow!  Well done, congratulations.  Your post is positively encouraging.  I hope my surgery & recovery goes as well as yours.  Enjoy riding again!!! xxx
  • Posted

So pleased for you. Did you have the key hole surgery? I'm booked in for 23 January and so scared!

• Posted

Yes I did Bev, are you going to have keyhole surgery. Don't be scared, if you have got to the point wher you know you need surgery it must be right for you
    • Posted

Be strong Heather, its more scary  thinking aboout it than having it!
    • Posted

Good luck. Do you have some one to 'do' Christmas for you? I decided to wait till after Christmas, so my compensation will be spending the worst of the winter at home with my feet up.

• Posted

Hello Bev.

I phoned the hospital to try and move my op date to after Christmas, but they wouldn't entertain it.  The best I can hope for is a cancellation. I'm pining my hopes on it.  My pre-op assessment is on 10 November, so I guess I'm on standby from then.

My wonderful Daughter-in-Law and wonderful Step-Daughter will step in to do the 'Christmas' bit.  It will be different this year, but I've every faith in them.

Have you got a date for your op?

• Posted

My op is on 23rd January. I will watch your progress with trepidation! Are you have keyhole surgery or the more normal proceedure? On the bright side I spoke to someone at a party who has had her bunion done. She very kindly slipped off her 5 inch heels to show me her pretty feet. Everyone says it's the best thing they've ever done getting them removed.

• Posted

Hi Bev.

I'm not sure about which procedure yet. Hoping to find out at pre-opassessment next week & so hoping I'll be offered a cancellation.

We've got glamorous feet to look forward too!!

Xx

• Posted

Hi Bev

Just want to add my support and encouragement. It is true thinking abt it is worse than having it. I have had much support from reading these pages and have in turn given back where I can. Had left bunion do e 20 yrs ago very successfully and never regretted it. My r foot had bunion not causing problems then it git worse very quickly in the spring of this year. Saw consultant in July and had op 9th October under spinal anaesthetic. Had r bunion done 3 weeks ago and now starting to recover, after initial concerns abt the way it looked 2 week check up am pleased to say a lot if swelling gone and my initial odd looking foot is starting to look pretty and narrow.

Keep yourself healthy pre op and I have a link if you want on national orthopaedic website with all you may need to know initially. I have posted on here but it is waiting moderation. I could send it to you privately on here I think. I will try any way. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Bev

There is a facebook page 'I survived a Bunionectomy'.

Some encouraging stories!

Xx

• Posted

Thanks for the info Sheila. It can't be so bad if so many people have other foot done after going through it once. Just want to get it over and done with. I haven't had pretty feet for 20 odd years! But now these bunions have got to go because it is very difficult getting nice shoes to fit. I'm glad you are recovering well. These sites are so supportive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.