Feeling exhausted .... Doing nothing !!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Currently day 2 after my op , most of today I have been laid in bed ( we live in a bungalow so am still close to the family being on the same floor as everyone else) . I have been getting up for toilet breaks etc , going through for meals and obviously to have a wash etc ... Just feel exhausted and want to flip in bed ... Pain is minimal , been keeping on top of pain killers , antibiotics and lactoluse ( which works a treat as I could have a no straining bowel movement this morning lol) .. Hope this tiredness wears off soon

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

You will feel tired sarah. Just keep resting xx
  • Posted

It is the effect on the anaesthetic. For me it generally take 4-5 days to get over that itself and it can take longer. Just go with the flow and sleep when you need to.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, you need lots of rest.I have done nothing since I came out.in the long run it will all pay off.enjoy the test and look after you.lots of love xx
    • Posted

Welshgirl' we are sisters from another life, rest rest rest, I didn't realise how hard it is to rest x
    • Posted

Yes love we are. We have been good girls so far and I'm proud of u

s😘 may it continue love.it will all be worth it.shame we live so far away.xx

• Posted

We will meet up when we are fully recovered babe mate a spar day xx for all our troublesΒ 
  • Posted

Sarah, how you feeling today!
    • Posted

Morning Gillian . Not too bad thankyou , for a bit for a migraine coming on am going to take all my meds soon , have a shower as I look like some out of stig of the dump lol !! Going to cut down on this lactoluse and fybogel today , think it is going the other way and I have diarrhoea 😳 , down there feels much better today tho ,how are you xx
    • Posted

Hi Sarah,I'm happy your doing well.. Its hard work doing nothing isdnt it lol.

You will feel a lot better each day love.I'm shocked how I feel.no pain at all.no

Paracetamol since day ,3.my brain though knows I have to rest for a while yet.

Tasks care of you and enjoy the time out.xxx

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I am please you are ok chic, the migraine will be from the anasetic that's what they told me,, I over did it with poo stuff it was finding a happy medium, my surgeon told me to get andrex bottom wipes no fragrance and I feel better by using them.

i have an infection chic was back at the hospital yesterday they took

some swobs but I drew the line when she started with the internal, God I nearly passed out at the thought of it after a A&P ten days ago

• Posted

Jeez I don't blame ya , just the thought of someone even going down there is enough to make me queezy haha X sorry to hear you have an infection , hope it clears soon X

Welshgirl sounds like you are doing fab . Well done you on he resting part also , it's driving me nuts , hubby has been amazing seeing as he is off work with a bad back also 😒. We're soldiering thru it together , it's is going to be so hard to remember I can't lift etc as j think after the next few days I'm going feeling a lot better ... Very early days yet for us all tho xx

• Posted

Don't dare lift anytjing!! Me and gill are getting each other through the pair of us are

laid up resting,small walks round the garden, that's it. Thank god for gill,she is an Angel. Xx

• Posted

Thank you but I feel mike a demon today, bleeding asstarted very light but no poo today since I cut down I carnet get a happy medium, but hair done makeup on, Sarah make sure you do nothing love xx
    • Posted

Makes you feel better love.feel very heavy still,even when I walk around

Oh well that's the recovery I suppose. Sometimes I feel like its still there?

Anyone else feel or felt like that after anterior repair. Its not for doing too much,I've

Done nothing for 11days lol.xx

• Posted

Hi, I feel the heaviness but don't know wether it is front or back 14 walks round the garden sat in the chair and had a cuppa with the husband in the sun, first time I have been able to sit for any length of time laid down chilling now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.