Feeling Faint

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi does anyone having a hot flashes feel like they feel faint or some funny feeling come over them or is it wooziness.. I was  running up the stairs and I went hot then this happen,they were times out walking and it will come on but goes away when cool down.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria76995 - Ok, this is so weird, this just happened to me....I was sitting in the show and after a 2 hour movie (not a hot theatre) I got up to leave and felt really woozy and my vision also felt off.  I have been post menopausal for 5 years and yet my symptoms seem to be ramping up big time.  I also get tingling/electric shock in my extremities, flushing and migraine like headaches.  Four months ago I came off of a bad B/P RX (still on one) but I experienced these symptoms when I was on both B/P RX’s, so I am fairly certain these are all wacky side effects of menopause.  I asked my Naturopath how long does this last and she said that she is treating woman into their 70’s!!! I am 60 and have been going thru this for about 31/2 years, but it’s definitely getting worse...I hope the end to this is near.
    • Posted

I can relate to this.  My vision blurs in my left eye, I also get migraines and get really woozy and horribly nauseas all at the same time.

It's awful.

x

• Posted

Hi Wannabenormal - I have the exact same thing with the left eye,  blurry vision,  migrainey head,  woozy & nauseas.  So last night after this episode I got bad pains in what only can be described as my ovaries.  I haven’t had this sensation in over 5 years when I was PMS & my monthly curse was about to start.  I had to get up out of a Dead sleep & take an Advil. Why now?  I almost thought my period was going to start again today.  Ok, i am so over this!!!  Has anyone else experienced this after such a long break from actually having their period?

• Posted

Hi Debra people still going through this crap in Post Lol..not laughing..I have been in Peri menopause 8 years and my periods ends in January I hope it get better not worst I been through so much frightening symptoms already, I can't get it inn my head some people sail through it with just hot flashes I guess our hormones are sensitive to hormone flatuations that's why you are feeling things..I refuse to take anything for it let it wash over me, I try to eat as many greens and fish some fruit in the diet that's all I can do..I hope you feel better soon because you have reach the mile stone now ((((((hugs)))))) 

• Posted

Hi Maria76995 - prior to losing my dreaded curse, the only real symptoms I had was the what I referred to as “hemorrhaging” towards the end of losing my period.  It got so bad for me that I literally couldn’t leave the house while on my monthly.  So, I suppose I am experiencing all the wretched symptoms on the other side of Menopause.  I know that my Mother suffered horribly from Menopause & I am my Mother’s Daughter for sure.  I have also managed to not take anything thruout this whole journey outside of vitamins etc.  I did just get put on an herbal remedy from the Naturopath that has black cohosh, Dong qui, bitter fennel, wild yam, dandelion and other stuff.  I have only been on this for less than a month so haven’t really reaped the benefits if there are any.  I was also instructed to avoid sugar & flour which basically leaves you eating veggies & lean protein.  Boring! I am trying to find the joy, but everyday there seems to be something new to contend with...my husband thinks I am turning into a hypochondriac, but there are days where I just feel so “out of body” it frightens me.  I pray everyday that this will come to a screaming end , because I have a hard time functioning and enjoying life - 

• Posted

Hi Debra, I had the heavy periods too, got one morning bleeding Right through to the bathroom all floor full of blood, had to pull carpet up..I was diagnosed with fribroid but it was small one 2 inches hanging like stalk and I had one day surgery got it out that when I was 50 years old, but I don't think something that small made bleed like that it's the change was doing it.

• Posted

Hi Debra,

Its awful isn’t it, I have Adenomyosis too so that bloats my stomach awfully.  I’m still in peri and hope things settle down when I get menopause. X

• Posted

I know that hypochondriac feeling, but there are so many horrible new things going on you are bound to wonder and worry. None of this peri stuff feels normal for me. I pray for the symptoms to end too. X
  • Posted

I've had an episode of this earlier today.  Dizziness and hot flush, severe nausea and a feeling of just needing to get sat down fast before I fall down.

I also get migraines and blurred vision in my left eye.

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.