Feeling faint / blood in stool - help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, last few days I've been feeling faint - that's whole feeling where it feels like something has just washed over you. Nearly fainted the other day in work and keep getting a pounding headache. Now since yesterday there's been red blood in my stool. My gp ia useless and I'm not due to see my consultant till Jul. Anyone had any of this?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Really sorry about what you're going through, all I know is that having blood in your stool means you definitely do not have IBS. Its not much help but that's all I know, sorry rolleyes
  • Posted

Blood in your stools can occur with Crohns but it can also have a whole lot other causes ranging from Piles to (without wishing to alarm you!) Bowel Cancer. You mustn't wait until July, you must get it checked out by your GP asap. Best wishes.
  • Posted

I suggest you get a second a opinion, you can' t let it go on. Hope you get things sorted
  • Posted

dear Stace224

If you have your appointment letter with consultants name trying calling his secretary and explain about your increasing symptoms, they may be able to move your appointment up if you can attend at short notice, its worth a try, because you are so worried.

Good luck:-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.