Feeling faint, heart bearting hard, feeling cold out of nowhere

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last Saturday, early afternoon, just relaxing on the couch with the family about 1.5hrs after breakfast and I started to feel faint, my heart starts beating hard and fast, cold sweat, nausea, cold shivers, slight tightness in chest, hard to breathe (like someone was sitting on my chest.) and extreme exhaustion.

Went to the ER and they did a heart X-ray, EKG, blood test, urine test and said everything looked normal, no heart attack found in my blood. Went home a few hours later and throughout the week felt a lighter version of the symptoms from time to time but nothing like Saturday.

The following Saturday almost the same exact scenario, went to a different ER this time and they admitted me overnight and monitored me. They also did an ultrasound of my heart and found no issues. Last night felt better and was discharged. After getting home I ate dinner and almost immediately after eating I started feeling symptoms again.

I'm scheduled with my cardiologist but wanted to see if anyone else has had these symptoms.

I'm 39 male 6'0" 195lbs, not a smoker or drinker.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi please don't panic over this as you thankfully have had tests and they show nothing serious and you are not alone.

can i ask what did you eat

• Posted

Hello and thank you.

The first episode was pancakes, another was a hamburger.

It's not always after eating, today I've only had some fresh fruit juice and I've been feeling it. Might be still from the other day but can't tell.

I've also tested my blood sugar during the events at home and they did at the hospital at it was normal.

Thanks again!

• Posted

Sorry for late reply, food for me is definitely a trigger, especially milk chocolate, heavy fatty meals, too much food, digestive biscuits, some breads, caffeine.

So i try really hard to be careful of what i eat, i also have acid reflux which i take ranitidin as and when, i try to drink plenty of water and i must not get constipated, its a learning curve which can take years.

i do have some anxiety issues as well so it can get very confusing LOL

• Posted

I think this is more likely to be a digestive problem. Could be gas/wind in your stomach giving you these feelings. They are often confused with a heart attack.Did you have the same type of food on each Saturday?

• Posted

Just seen your reply to Alexandria. Pancakes and hamburgers are ideal foods to give you this sort of feeling. Do you eat your food quickly,not chewing enough? swallowing large pieces? you may also have to look at your overall diet. Keep some antacid tablets handy.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Marina_Dee

My overall diet is not very healthy so I'd think this is possible. I get this on an empty stomach as well but maybe that's because my body is still fighting the same episode.

I ate well in the hospital but was laying/in bed at the time not sure if this info helps.

Is there specific digestive problems I can research?

I've had a Hiatal hernia repair years ago to stop acid reflux but no other GI issues since then.

Thanks

• Posted

I think your Hiatal hernia repair could be the clue. These hernias can recur,so get that checked out. You may need a lower fat, lower sugar diet as well, with plenty of fruit and veg,but not citrus fruits.

As we age, digestive problems can become quite common.

Developing gallstones could also be a possibility.

• Posted

Hello all,

Wanted to update my thread to hopefully get some more info and maybe help others.

Another Hiatal hernia was found and repaired in Feb 2019, shortly after my posts here. The only symptom months after surgery was a slight faint feeling. A few months later, after some meals I sometimes can feel my heart beating harder but nothing too bad. Fast forward to late May and I have another 2 episodes where my heart starts pounding very hard and my vision goes blurry. My blood pressure read 171/105 82bmp at one of those, called EMS and by the time they arrived everything had went back down.

I've had tons of tests (cardio stress, upper endoscopy, biopsy, CT scans, ultrasounds, almost all internal organs, food allergy) done in between all this time and so far we've found 1.4cm gallstones and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I've been treated for the RMSF with antibiotics, retested, and it's gone. 2 days ago I had my gallbladder removed as well. My 2nd meal after the surgery and same symptoms. 30 mins after eating my vision started to go blurry and my heart started pounding.

I've been to my primary, cardiologist, bariatric surgeon, GI dr, and next up is a ophtha-neurologist.

I'm really at a loss and each Dr. just points me to another Dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.