Feeling fat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Its boxing day early morning ive been awake for hours as feeling horrible about myself. I feel fat and bloated iate more than i wanted yesterday! A bowl of veg a piece of toblerone and some peanuts and alcohol, feel so depressed today just cant cope with feeling like this and to make it worse im going to be on my own today just feel so awful

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi - sorry to hear you're feeling like this. Christmas can be really tough for some people and particularly those coping with an eating disorder.

Looking at what you ate, you haven't eaten  enough to gain weight, so what you're experiencing is bloating (nuts, veg, pulses and liquid all cause this). It's important to realise that bloating will go when you go to the toilet and it won't be permanent. If you had gained weight on the scales in this instance it would merely be a fluctuation which everyone gets. Weight fluctuates up and down each day and several times a day.

There are loads of good articles about coping at Christmas with an eating disorder (including on the Beat website). Their helpline will be open 6-10pm today and then 3pm-10pm tomorrow -->. I'd give them a ring as they are really good and you definitely won't be the only person feeling like this.

• Posted

Some of the things I do is have a plan in advance of what I'm eating and I do this with my parents so they know what my boundaries are - and it helps me prepare.

Taking time out for yourself is also a good idea. There's no harm in going for a short walk or spending some time reading in your room. Don't be afraid to say I need a break.

Try and keep positive - I know it's hard but it will pass like the weather.

• Posted

I'm really sorry to hear that you did not have the most ideal boxing day. I and several of my family memberss have suffered from Irritable bowl syndrome and have, and yes it is a drag. I through lots of research h figured out that gluten was bloating me and making life very uncomfortable. Toblerone truly are a royal chocolate and difficult compete with. I started to eat from a gluten free confectionary.

. Also g with changing my diet, constant excersize ze, and a strong support group you can get through the blues. There are options and answers it just takes a little proactive type and hope. Good luck and never give up.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.