Feeling fatigue after SVT episode

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a bad episode of SVT last Wednesday which lasted for 2 hours and I'm still feeling exhausted- just wondered how other sufferers have felt

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When I was having my SVT , it left me totally exhausted for several days after. It's like you feel like you have run a marathon but you haven't.

• Posted

Yeah last time I had one knocks ya back abit my chests hurts a few days after and feel week 
  • Posted

the long ones tend to exhaust you. fill up a 2 bottles of water everyday and when the svt starts start drinking the water will give you a shorter svt. it works for me, the water flushes out the adrenalin from your body and its the adrenalin rush that sends you into an svt
  • Posted

This is normal, before I had my recent procedure, having an attack of SVT left me totally wiped out, and yes, as a previous posted said, it's like you have run a marathon without moving!

Mine always happens early evenings, usually around 9 pm when I was at my most relaxed.

Of course, I'd go to bed after it, and what with sleeping the rest of the night, I wouldn't feel too bad come morning time.

On the odd occasion, it would during the early hours of the morning and I'd be too exhausted to even go into work.

• Posted

Dear Rebecca , i experienced my first run of SVT  just a few weeks ago, i just presumed that i had collapsed because i was stressed and had had little sleep as i had been helping my daughter with a newborn baby. Since then i have had numerous episodes and three trips to A and E. At first bisoprolol was prescribed. The effects of this drug did not help. i have since had medication changed to verapamil. i have been told that i cannot work and am also prohibited from driving., i like you feel completely drained. i think that you just have to try and rest. i am not sure what meds you are prescribed but bisoprolol made me feel even worse. i hope you are feeling better and able to take it easy,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.