Feeling fatigued, have reduced libido and am moody after rapid weight loss.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I lost 8 stone in a 7 month period, (which is far too fast I know) but it became an addiction. I’m now 67kg/10.5 stone which is a bmi of 19.5 for my height and age, I understand that this is at the low end of the healthy weight spectrum. I’ve maintained this weight for about 5 months now but don’t feel the same as I used to. I have little energy to do anything and find less enjoyment in life on a whole. Is this as a result of my rapid weight loss? I workout 4 times a week but only for 45 minutes at a time, so I don’t think over exercise is the problem. I also think about food a lot of the time, which I think is maybe a sign that my body wants me to gain weight. Had a blood test at the Dr’s and it came back as normal. Anyone know what is wrong with me or have any advise on how to fix myself?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

did you discuss any of this with your GP when you went for your blood test - only he/she knows your health status and what would be appropriate and what would not be a good route for you to take - if you did not discuss it with your doc then I would suggest you make another appointment and ask the dr these questions and also ask for the help you require - good luck
  • Posted

My goodness, is it any wonder that you are experiencing fatigue etc.  You cannot have enough nutrients going around your body.  I think that any advice from this forum would be inappropriate except to say that you must seek medical nutritional advice. 

Good luck

• Posted

I agree entirely with Kate above and urge you to seek medical advice asap - do not let this roll on and let the problem become even bigger - you could get a variety of advice on this forum and others but the best advice is professional from the doctor - once again good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.