Feeling fed up

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi wlell friday went to my hospital appintment with gastrolagest h said there are three things he could do number 1 being take double my meds or he could have a test done were they do a 24 hour monitor to see how much acid i make or he could give me a painkilling medication and he thinks it could be all be down to stress are any of you he same as me

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What is involved with the 24 hour monitor? Seems like that might help to figure out what to do about the reflux.

• Posted

They pug s tubs up your nose and down your throat and feed I down to your stomach and leave it there for 24 hours I don't think I could have this done because i would gag really bab

• Posted

I can understand your not wanting to have that done. Doesn't sound too good to me either.

As for doubling meds or pain meds, decide which would be the best for your.

Maybe look at what you eat. I used to take meds and stopped to go the route of seeing what triggered the reflux. Works for me most of the time.

• Posted

I hav3 w very limited diet of what I eat and drink I mostly eat fish chicken great vegevegetables i drink water and decaf tea and still get symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.