feeling feverish but no fever

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all,

does anyone else get the feeling of having a fever but you dont? it's so weird, I feel like I'm burning up but my skin is cool to the touch. I feel like I'm freezing for no apparent reason. this is a new symptom for me and is very frustrating.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi susane i think its hot flushes as i have simular feelings too i have a fan going on me it helps when this happens to me x
    • Posted

hi kim,

I have a fan on all the time because I can't sleep without one. it is so frustrating to have new symptoms, like we dont have enough of them already! when it happens all I can do is add more blankets to the bed and wait for it to go away..

• Posted

Hi susane, same here!  I’ve taken my temp and it’s been normal or a little below.  Always have Fan going next to my bed.  My flashes/flushes vary from head to toe night sweats, or I look embarrassed from the neck up.  Our hormones affect our circulation, vasomotor, everything. Definitely not one of my most troublesome symptoms, but BLECH! nonetheless 😀 

• Posted

hi lou,

I agree that is not the worst symptom but it's very annoying. like all the other symptoms, it comes out of nowhere. I guess all I can do when it happens is add more blankets and wait for it to pass🙄

• Posted

Susane,

That is exactly how I would describe my very first hot flash - the first time for me was in October 2014 at the age of 45. Warm all over - felt like I had a fever but no sweating. I would then have times like you are describing where I would be freezing - I have been carrying socks with my in my purse at all times to warm my feet when it comes on- always a sweater or jacket along. That is the year my symptoms started slowly - periods changing in flow, every 28 days changed to unpredictable etc.  I have "real" hot flashes now - sweating on my chest and neck - rarely goes to my face - but sometimes is intense like adrenaline rushing. 

• Posted

hi finney,

exactly! I dont get actual hot flashes very often thank goodness, but this cold flash, as I have come to call them due to lack of a better term, is like a hot flash only I'm cold. drives me nuts!

• Posted

Yes - I have a good friend that says she will get absolutely freezing BEFORE the hot flash. She said sometimes she will be at the dinner table with hubby and kids  - she will have to leave the table and go wrap herself in a blanket with socks and slippers and then  BAM - hot flash and sweaty for 5 minutes. 
    • Posted

wow! as I said before, I dont get the hot flash, just freezing. I can't imagine how miserable it is to have them both like that!

• Posted

Yes. I've even gone so far as to take my temp, thinking I had a fever for sure. Completely normal. Even on the low end. Craziness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.