Feeling flutters when drifting to sleep...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I feel flutters in my heart or skipping beats as I'm drifting to sleep... Does this happen to anyone else?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I get this all the time. It's nothing to worry about and may not even be your heart - it could be indigestion or trapped wind. Just try and forget about it smile
  • Posted

used to happen to me all the time i was actually scared of going to sleep for fearing of stopping breathing at night
  • Posted

It happens pretty much every night the weirdest feeling starting to scare me
    • Posted

Hi Emily it's because your getting scared that you feel them more, every night when you get in bet your mind will be thinking when are the flutters coming? I've had this problem and just seen a private cardiologist as I was scared my heart was damaged in some way, I had a 5 day ECG and an echocardiogram there was some skipped beats caught but totally harmless and my hearts fine, although when I got back last night I went to bed and felt like my heart was getting faster and harder. I think I'll still be worried but I need to sort the anxiety side out as its caused me a lot of worry. Try not to worry although I know it's hard it's really nothing to be bothered about, maybe try some relaxation techniques before bed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.