Feeling foggy on zoloft

Posted , 11 users are following.

i have been on Zoloft for 4 weeks now at 25 mg.

I find myself very foggy at times at of lately. During the start up period I did not feel like this.

I feel a lot of depersonalization.

My doctor has suggested I go up half a dose to 37.5.

I'm afraid to fogginess will get worse.

Anyone have some words of advice?

Anyone feel the fogginess on the drug?

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I think it is still early days, and I cannot recall the exact way I felt when I started, I do remember ffeling out of sorts for a few weeks, it was about a month when I started to notice a postive effect kicking in, I didn't start as low as you though. I started on 50mg, the dose that most people take and get efficacy at is between 50mg and 100mg. I have also accidently come off from 150mg to zero for 5 days whilst away, and day 3 felt v nauseous and clammy in a morning, and had some stomach cramps. All this ok again when I got 100mg back in my system once back home, and resolved within 24 hrs ! ( always taper up and down !)

• Posted

I stopped for a week and felt the withdrawal the beginning of the second week and automatically went back on.

I'm a little scared to increase. But I think I'm going to go ahead and do it. The worse things that can happen is my body doesn't do well but then I can just decrease again

• Posted

I think the average dose for sertraline was around 70mg, taking into abount the number of people who take 100mg or 150mg. Personally I think an escaltion is ok, and if you don't feel any benefit or get inc. side effects that don't settle after a few days then look at dropping donw again. Good luck x
  • Posted

I take it at 7pm and the fog has stopped. Try moving the time by two hours until you get it right. 25mg made me sleepy, but a week later on 50 I feel much better. So I think that and the time matters. I heard Zoloft slows  metabolism , if you take sleeping pills late at night and don't sleep them off you could also spend your day yawning lol. I notice if I just deal with the insomnia and skip the ambien I don't wake up exhausted. A 12.5 increase is small enough, just try it! I was scared to double 25 to 50 but it worked out. Been on Zoloft 4 weeks, 3 weeks 25mg 1 week 50. 
    • Posted

I noticed that the anxiety has kind of stopped as well as the fogginess. so I don't think I need to increase. I think my body just needed to get adjusted. But I'm taking it day by day and if I feel I need a higher dose I'll begin the 12.5 increase.
    • Posted

Just an update to our previous convo, I had to use a xanax last night. I felt a panic attack coming on. Which I find so weird. I havent felt like that since the 2nd week on Zoloft. I decided to increase my dose last night. Clearly the 25 mg is not working for me. Since you increased before- what should I expect? Is going up 12.5 going to give me the same start up symptoms as before? I really hope not
    • Posted

I did as you suggested and upped the dose. It's my third day and I don't really feel any different. I'm just hoping this deals with the fogginess. It comes and goes. It's very frustrating.
  • Posted

been 2 month at 50mg. at first i was foggy then went fine but i just raised to 100mg like 7 days ago and i am feeling foggy too but it starting to fade slowly , i think we just need to be patient ( sorry for my bad english )
  • Posted

I felt depersonalization also.

I think it could be my excessive worry, stress, anxiety, and depression. I heard people experience this sometimes and it's common more than you think. I DO NOT like it, because I will question if I'm real and I feel disconnection from my surroundings. It took a bit to come out of it.

Maybe deep down the meds is adjusting? My NP started me at 12.5mg, a week later at 25mg, and now on day 5 for 50mg. It will be 4 weeks this Wednesday total of being on Sertraline for the first time.

• Posted

I know this is a year old, but the way you describe wondering if you're real is exactly how I've been feeling. It makes me question my surroundings. It's not constant like it was a couple of weeks ago, and I am able to distract myself from it by doing something tedious. I'm at 5 1/2 weeks at 50 mg. Considering that if this feeling is due to anxiety that I should increase to 70 to 75 mg. It hits me the most upon waking in the morning...perhaps morning grog makes it seem worse. And sometimes in the late evenings when I'm running low on energy. Curious as to how you are doing a year later. I've been on zoloft a couple of times over the last 10 years, but don't remember it feeling like this.

• Posted

i am at week 5 25mg zoloft , side effects were too much , nausea, no appetite , foggy brain , sleepless, irritable, emotional and on I stopped it 2 days ago .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.