Feeling freezing all the tim

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have not yet been diagnosed with cvs am still waiting to see another consultant in few weeks, but I wanted to see if feeling very cold all the time is a symptom. Most people are lovely n warm, the sun can be shining n yet I have goosebumps and feel very cold. I was at a wedding yesterday and weather was lovely, but I stood shivering all day. I have to wrap up at work, and have heater on in middle of summer, and no one else feels cold. Even on holiday abroad I had to wear cardigans at night.

it does really get to me, as it ruins days/nights out, I have to wear long sleeved stuff n coats all the time, and people laugh at me, telling me am not right, and I can't be cold, but they can see the goose bumps. Grrr. Any advice would be grateful.

thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

From you post, it's impossible to say what's going on. That symptom alone could be caused by many many things. ME/CFS, though, does often affect the part of the body that regulates hot and cold.
  • Posted

Certainly one of my many symptoms was feeling very cold. For instance on a hot Summers day I was wearing vest, shirt two wool sweaters and a woolen great coat and still I felt cold.
  • Posted

yes, from me. i have the heating on winter & summer and can go from shivering with the cold to profusely perspiring within minutes. do have a proper thyroid profile done & also have your b12 & folate levels checked too.  feeling the cold excessively is a symptom of these conditions also.

C

• Posted

As Jackie says Nichola, you need to get a proper diagnosis but yes, I've had ME/CFS for about fifteen years and I'm never warm, even in summer and at times I'm shivering with cold and have the central heating on even when the thermometer says that it's warm. My hands and feet at times are like blocks of ice

It's a common symptom of ME/CFS but I suspect it goes with many other conditions too, so be advised by your consultant, and best of luck with you appointment.

• Posted

absolutely, cold intolerance is common for those with CFS. i discovered this winter that it takes your body A LOT of work to keep itself heated. last november/dec. I had a lot of scary "chill" episodes. i escaped to california this past winter, which helped a ton, but the previous i was stuck in michigan and it made my fatigue & CFS symptoms worse, as it used up additional energy just to stay warm. 
  • Posted

Yes I am often cold. The other day we were out, everybody else in short sleaves. I had ajumper a fleece and a light jacket on. I also get very hot sometimes, but that does not last long, I am well past having hot flushes, but that is what it feels like.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.