Feeling frustrated

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well after waiting a agonizing 4 months waiting for judge to send statement of reasons to dwp because they put in a appeal I finally got a letter from them to say that I will be getting enhanced rate of mobility and daily living so my hubby rang them Thursday 13 th October and asked when my money and backdated pay will go in lady said it's just got to be verified and will be in early Monday so it's now Tuesday 18 th October no money so hubby rings them again only to find out it been authorised and was supposed to go in my bank Monday and now all of a sudden it's been suspended but couldn't tell me why and she will get case worker to phone me either within 24 hrs or could be five days how can they do this anybody no why it could be suspended has anyone else had this problem

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh no they should have been able to let you know

They call back quite quick though

I did not sleep last night called this morning to chase mine again and I fell asleep this afternoon and missed 3 calls from them

Hope everything turns out okay though

When was it backdated from?

Also was you going from dla too pip or was it a new claim x

• Posted

Went from DLA to pip but I had to fight for it and theve now accepted from the court I am entitled to it they got to pay me from last year it was issued to go in bank yesterday but didn't go in so I waited today nothing so my hubby rang them and they said it's been suspended but didn't no why so now got to wait for phone call to see why

• Posted

Don't worry its probably that they have not allocated the correct funds into your account, probably not issued the backdated amount, it will probably go in this week.

Did you ring and ask them why its been suspended

• Posted

Yeh hubby asked them and they said we don't no why payment was issued for Monday but suddenly got suspended

• Posted

Guess what alexandria you won't believe what I am going to tell you!

Here goes

I have just had a call back again very nice lady said she would ring through to case worker and see what's happening as gone past dead line of the 12th Oct

Just to add normally when they ring you back they say they will task case worker.

So she put me on hold then came back and said she had to speak to the person who is dealing with it for me

She was told too look on the list for the person which she did

Then said to me the person who has my details does not work there any more so all tasks were kind of being sent to an old box like fresh air

If it had not been for her ringing get through which I have been told in the past they can't do that

I would have been waiting forever for an answer

She is now going to get a manager on with it and said I will get a letter in 2 weeks

Hope this happens

Just wanted to post this because anyone waiting longer than 6 weeks request a call back and get them to ring through to case workers when they call back

Don't let them fob you off

I have been calling nearly daily maybe a good job

I will keep you informed I hope they say yes cause living like this is a nightmare

Take care x

• Posted

Really sorry Sharon that yours has taken so long, I must admit was beginning to think that maybe something had gone wrong,at least you know now that it's nothing to do with your actual claim just a cock up with the administration, u will have an answer this week I hope, try not to worry I'm sure it will be a good one.

• Posted

Hi Lynette,

So sorry you've had this problem. I myself haven't had experience necessarily in this type of situation, but I have had an instance where the case manager had to call us. They also told me they aim to call within 24 hours but could also be up to 5 working days (which horrified me) but they actually called the next morning. I guess what I'm trying to say is try not to worry about the phone call side of things - they say five working days but reality is it's likely they will call sooner with an answer for you.

Let us know how you get on x

• Posted

Hi tori I finally got my phone call today after being messed about and finally got all my backdated pip money thought I'd let u no Lynette xxxxxx

• Posted

That's brilliant, go and treat yourself to something really nice, and treat hubby as well for being so patient, take care and relax at least for a while

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.