Feeling frustrated

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on celexa 13 days now. Started on 10 mg. The doctor cut me down to 5 mg. For a week or 2. I take my meds in the am. I've been so anxious. Sometimes it does away in the afternoon to return in the pm. I have been having trouble falling asleep. And when I do get to sleep. I wake up a few hours later. Feeling anxious. Sometimes I get back to sleep sometimes I don't. I have back issues been going to the doctor trying to figure out what's going on. So when I can't sleep I wake up all tense. And my back pain is worse Whitch causes me to be more anxious. I hope this not sleeping thing will go away. I feel like a nervous wreck. I've tried meditation it helps some. Is this not sleeping and anxious stuff normal side effect?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Also if the side effects And not sleeping are like this on 5 mg. Upping to 10 mg will it start all over again. Hopefully not worse. I am now wishing I would have never started this med. I wasn't this bad before I started taking this.

• Posted

All side effects ask your doctor for a sleeping tablet or a benzo .these meds take a couple of months or more to work.. insomnia been one of the many side effects..and yes taking higher doses will make you feel yucky again..
    • Posted

I have benzos they don't work. I don't want to take more of them. I also take trazdone 50 mg. Nothing seems to help. I did message my doctor yesterday. About my sleep issue. Waiting for a response. That sucks I don't want to feel like this again.

• Posted

I don't understand why doctor's prescribed this two antidepressants ..there's a high risk of serotonin syndrome when taking together..

• Posted

I don't know why either I've been taking Trazodone for sleep for years now. I asked about sterion syndrome. He said oh know that's fine I have plenty of patience who take them together.Is Ambien safe to take with celexa?

• Posted

Is it otc? Do I have to ask my doctor first? Yeah I guess I would because I'm. Taking trazdone too.

• Posted

But if I was you I would ask for the lunesta . because Ambien helps you to sleep the lunesta keeps you a sleep..that's two different things..

• Posted

Thank you I will ask the doctor. I have another question. I've been having pain in my temples really bad is this another darn side effect?

• Posted

Yes ma'am..every time you feel something weird going on that you didn't have prior to your meds ..is side effects..don't confuse side effects with anxiety ..

• Posted

Thank you very much for helping me. I was thinking maybe it was anxiety. Lol at this point e everything seems like anxiety. I hope I get through this.
    • Posted

13days on celexa you should expect all kinds of wierd side effects..
    • Posted

I figured that. 😔 I guess I wish I was one of the lucky ones who had no trouble with the side effects. I'm sure I have months before there gone. I will be so happy when that day comes.

• Posted

It will come . unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones took me eight months to recover on ten milligrams but IAM recovered..is a waiting process but trust me they work..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.