Feeling frustrated with doctors

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone, well I went to see my consultant rheumatologist on Friday, he is not one for CFS, his words were its all a matter of opinion. Anyhow, feeling the way I have for 12 years , I strongly believe I have CFS I have all the symptoms, however because my antibodies are low indicating my body is fighting some infection, he is reluctant to diagnose me . I said well it's been fighting an infection for 12 years then, at which point he actually took note of me. And said well it could be both CFS and some underlying infection that your body can't shift. I just felt deflated that I still don't officially know whTs wrong, yet every few weeks I crash and get ill. On a positive note he has referred me to a immunologist at a great hospital. This consultant has referred a lady with exactly same symptoms as me to CFS clinic so am hopeful I will get to find out either way what's wrong.

its just a shame docs poo poo CFS. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I want this condition, I just want to know what's wrong. I have been pacing myself since I crashed 3 weeks ago, am still very tired yet, and taking things easy. But to get to the right people would put my mind at rest. Just wanted to see if anyone else had similar experiences.

thanks all 😒

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

They don't like it  because it's not something they can understand, measure or cure and that's very harsh on the old, oversized, arrogant ego.

Oooh, that was harsh, but probably not wrong.  I work with the little darlings and nice ones are memorable as they are so few!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.