Feeling full after eating very little, anyone else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there & merry christmas to you all.

I've been suffering from heartburn almost every day since i was about 15 years old (i'm now 26). After trying out standard over the counter remedies with no success i was diagnosed with GERD. Over the years i really struggled to get a referral from the doctor until recently when omeprazole and ranatidine started becoming less effective. I finally managed to get an endoscopy for the beginning of jan however over the last week or so ive been getting more symptoms and im so worried. I've become uncomfortably full very quickly after starting a meal, to the point where i feel as if i could vomit. I also have a gnawing pain that comes on in waves and makes me feel really queasy. I'm just so miserable and i'm sick of moaning about it but its ruining my life

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Has it ever occurred to you that your medication could be making your problem worse? I had a condition known as trapped wind around a month ago. There was a constant need to burp which didn't go away. After trying simethicone a few times, with little success, I finally realized that my own body could heal itslef if I just  got out of the way and didn't try variious medications to relieve symptoms. i also realized that anxiety could be much of the cause and looked at that. Also watched what I ate a little more. The problem finally went away. Perhaps you too could be sucessful using the same approach I used. Good luck! 

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply! I have tried taking myself of all medication, tried meditation and taking natural supplements like aloe vera, nothing so far has proved to be very helpful. I do agree with you that medication is so bad for us and i think we rely on it too much however at the moment i dont know what else to do! Thanks again for your response
    • Posted

You are very welcome. Sounds like you have the right approach to the solution. Hope things eventually work out. 
  • Posted

Have you Tried cutting the meds down a bit i think they can make you feel bloated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.