feeling good

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone,

just an update, I'm now nearly 5 weeks post opp. I'm driving , sleepng on both sides, no pain, teds off 2moro, one week of jabs left!! walking with my flower power stick, but half the time I forget and realise I've walked from kitchen to lounge without it!! so all good, nearly back to normal, this time last year I was in total agony with both hips bone on bone, but now 9 months post first opp and 5 weeks 2nd opp. pain free , it feels great! hge thanks to my brilliant surgeon Mr Jason robrts at the golden jubilee hospital clydebank for giving me my mobility back, so to all you new hippies or hippies to be, go for it, seriously it's the best thing I ever did.

JHope everyone is well and enjoying the sunshine,

Love,

Lynne x

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynne you too seem to be making a quicker 2nd recovery as am I.

Congrats and still take it easy...cool  Ian.

• Posted

Ian ... she didn't have to deal with the Blackpool thing ... 

it is not a competition darling ... remember ?

wink

• Posted

Great to hear. It is all worth it in the end, just seems a bit slow to get better at times
  • Posted

Wow!  Great news and lovely for all us pre hippies to hear of such a great recovery x
  • Posted

Hi Lynne 

Excellent news , you are doing so well

My husband Chris, is also 5 weeks today post his LTHR , he is also doing well, no more Fragmin injections , also sleeping on both sides , but still using 2 sticks 

hopefully he will be following you in your progress very soon

keep up the good work ,with love , Helen 

confused

• Posted

Thanks everyone for all your answers, now all I need is to find Mr right to share my life with, no fun on holiday by yourselfsad
    • Posted

Great to hear you are doing so well. Two question 1_" where is the sun you are talking about " 2- "Would your hips be able formr right yet. " I didn't ask the S question as have no Mr right ahora!!!!
  • Posted

I am 9 wks. post op.  I also am glad that I had the op. done,   I also may have to have the other hip done, but so far it isn't bothering me.  The xrays shows that it is bone on bone but I have not lost range of movement & it does not hurt.  It has been through so much though having to work harder because of the other hip giving out, I hope that it holds up.

My only fear now is dislocations & infections that I hear about.  Don't says that they are rare, I sure hope so!

• Posted

Well done, Lynne,

I hope I continue to do as well as you and Ian. I'm 3 days post op and already feeling like I'm doing well.

Good luck in your continued recovery.

Ali xx

• Posted

Hi Lynne,

I am glad you are doing well...

Best of luck for the future

Ella

• Posted

Dear Lynne -

excellent job !!!  are you back singing ? rockin' and rollin' and swinging those new hips?  

I am so  so happy for you ... you have come a long way ... 

warm hug and thank you for sharing ---

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.