Feeling good

Posted , 5 users are following.

So i had my full hystorectomy on 20th September and I don't feel any different than I did before even when I woke up from surgery I didn't actually believe I had had my surgery I've not had a lot of pain or any side effects and I'm wondering what the heck is going on ... I'm waiting constantly for this bug fall and it's not happening.... in all honesty I would really like to get back to work ..... crazy to think that less than a fortnight ago I was terrified I was going to die in surgery now in sat wondering wtf!!!! Is this normal ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elaine, so glad you have come out the other side relatively unscathed, I did as well so it is normal for some of us, I didn't experience any pain at all, the nurses came round every 4 hours to offer pain relief and each time I said no thanks, you may feel like going back to work but unless you have a very sedentary job...........don't do it, I can't emphasise that enough, your body needs time to heal, even with vaginal (plus laparoscope) as I had, muscles etc had to be cut through so they need to heal and the recommended time as you probably know is 6 weeks and you are still at very early days, make the most of the rest. biggrin

Phoebe

• Posted

I actually had the same experience, the first 3 days I was sore but never any pain.  I did get tired in the evenings but other than that nothing.  I feel we were very lucky and have not had some of the terrible side effects others have experienced.

Was your surgery robotic?

• Posted

I know people said I rushed but I felt great after 3 weeks and went back to work.  I had to sit periodically but other than that I was fine, even saw the doc and she said I was doing great!!!

​Hope you continue to stay well but please do not rush, you may feel great but the inside of your body does need some time to heal!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.