Feeling happy !!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had my athroscopy yesterday, 3rd op on same knee. I had a PKR January

2015 and after 6 months of physio, still had pain and using crutches.

X rays showed everything fine. I was feeling like no one believed me,

but I pushed for further investigation and my athroscopy showed

that I had soft tissue impinging on the joint which has now been

removed. Hurray !! I have such high hopes that I can now get my life back.

I must admit that I have felt so old before my time. This forum has been such a great

help to me. I don't know how I would have managed without it.

Thanks to all for reading my posts. Susan xx

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

we all know our own bodies.i had a failed TKR n really had to push when I was experiencing poor mobility n lots pain.my tests proved the implant had loosened, wishing you speedy recovery...us forum people have to stick together n have loud voices when we know something not right!
  • Posted

That's the problem that develops when Dr's just rely on Xrays as their only diagnostic tool. Until they look at soft tissue they don't get the entire perspective. A couple of year's ago my wife complained loudly and often about a tooth that appeared to be causing extreme pain. One day, on an emergency visit, the young Dr that had recently purchased the practice saw her when our reg, older Dr was off. Almost immediately the new guy discovered she had a fractured tooth (it seems that fractures are difficult to see). When she bit down the fracture would spread and the gums would get pinched in the opening when the pressure was released and the opening would close. It would be similar to getting a tiny bit of skin on a finger caught in a pair of pliers. It was an easy (easy doesn't translate to cheap however) fix. It just took a few minutes and several hundred dollars and of course, the diagnosis is the key.

Hope you now have problem solved and no longer will be bothered.

• Posted

So happy to hear that you were able to get your issues solved and that you have your life back again!

It is a great feeling when you discover the persistence (and courage!) to stick with the resolve to KEEP ASKING and get real answers and a SOLUTION!

I, too, have gained much from this forum! I honestly feel quite close to all my Knee Buddies here!

Wishing you much happiness as you move forward and gain back all your strength following your arthroscopy!

• Posted

Hi Susan, I'm glad you got your problem fixed.  What kind of pain were you having?  I had a TKR Nov. 15, 2015. I'm still having pain, tightness,and swelling. I also had an MUA Mar. 9th, which didn't help anything. My bend was only about 97-100, and didn't change. I'm having a lot of nerve pain, and from the beginning, it hurts most when sitting, unless I have my leg extended and straight.  My doctor and another surgeon who I went to for a second opinion, say x-rays show my joint looks fine, with nothing out of place, and no looseness. They first thought it could be infection, but blood tests showed nothing. I was recovering fine for the first six weeks after my surgery, and then I just stopped making progress, even though I was still in therapy. I have exploratory surgery scheduled for June 10th, but I'm having second thoughts about that. I already have very much nerve pain, and I'm taking gabapentin and pain medicine. I'm afraid if the doctor cuts me again (and he said it would be a cut right at the old incision) I will have even more nerve pain. I think my tightness has something to do with tendons and ligaments, but I just don't know. I feel like maybe I should have some more testing. What are some of your thoughts about what I should do. Anyone else have advice or suggestions?

Thanks,

Betty

• Posted

Hi Betty,

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. My pain was sited

in the actual bend of my knee and was a sharp pain on sitting and standing.

I don't know as yet if it has been sorted as I still have the bulky bandage

on, but I have high hopes. For me it was worth having the exploratory

op, but I did not have problems with nerve pain. I hope others on here can

give you some advice. Hope it all sorts out for you. Best wishes Susan x

• Posted

I'm Four weeks post op on PKR. Having so much pain on side of knee and behind the knee. Did you experience any of this? 
    • Posted

Seems to be part of the course...pain can happen in any part of knee.reg p.killers rest ice seems to be only way.gradually it lessens if all goes well x
    • Posted

Hi Elaine, you are very early days. Mine was PKR lateral left knee

and I was in pain in different areas of the knee for a very long time

and ended up with 6 months physio, which is excessive, but this was because

of this soft tissue issue that has just been discovered. I have heard

of so many successful Pkr's and I'm sure you will eventually be fine,

but it is a long road to recovery. Keep up with the exercises, take

your pain meds and I'm sure you will get there. All the best for the future, Susan x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.