feeling heavy and floaty

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on citalopram for 4 weeks been feeling really heavy and floaty and numbness in my body also with headaches and a cold feeling in my head recently scared I have a brain tumor does anyone else have these side effects

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As a psychologist and having worked in the NHS, this drug is just another sold to the doctors and told to hand on to patients. Go back to the GP and ask for a different drug. Oxazapam is a good drug and although they insist on saying it can be addictive, it actually seems less problematic than citalopram and with less side effects. Don't forget, there are hundreds of drugs and they just fixate on those the pharmaceutical industry push.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply I sent you a private message hope you can give me some help and advice about something
  • Posted

A fewyear ago i was on some form of anti depressant and i felt extremely heavt i could bearly lift my arms or head but once my body got use to rhem i felt much better xx
    • Posted

i feel much better with that now just been gettin some headaches but there startin to ease up a bit aswell now still feel really detached though if that makes sense i just dont feel right 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.