Feeling helpless no doctor can help me with my stomach problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

for a little over two years i been having so much problems with my stomach ! my god I HAVE BEEN TO MY GASTRO DOCTOR MULTIPLE TIMES HE DID A COLONASCOPY AND MULTIPLES ENDOASCOPY FOUND ULCERS STARTED TO TREAT IT AS TIME PASSED HE PERFORMED ANOTHER ENDO ULCERS STILL NIT HEALING BEEN TAKING LEVO MEDICINE TWICE DAILY NI CHANGES CONTINUED MEDS FOR SEVERAL MonTHS NI CHANGES BUT EXTREME PAIN EXTREME CONSTiPATION EXTREME GAS, bloating pain and pressure in my personal area.. some biopsy were abnormal a typical started seeing a cancer surgeant had me see other doctors heart,lungs,my eating tube is cricket and its shrinking making it difficult for eating ! cant tyoe anymore this is the beginning

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Jeanette,

Sorry to hear of these symptoms. Sounds like your whole system is out of balance.

Just stick to your doctor's advice and take what you have been prescribed. Just try to have the most simple diet that you can. Try hard not to worry the body will re balance itself in time. Try hard not to use over the counter medicines if you can make it

Regards, E.

• Posted

Ulcerations anywhere in your digestive system could be a sign of an inflammatory bowel disease like Ulcerative Colitis or Crohns Disease. I'm surprised you have not been diagnosed with either or both of these.

As Eric said, keep taking the medications prescribed for you, some medications may not work so your doctor should be trying different medications out to try and get the ulcers under some sort of control.

Also stick to a very plain diet, you might find some foods are aggravating your condition. Personally I'd try an elimination diet, when I had similar issues I stuck to eating just plain white boiled rice for a few days and just drinking water, and I noticed my condition started to improve. I then slowly introduced different foods, one at a time over the next few days to see if I got worse. If I got worse then I'd stop eating that particular food and move onto another, if I still felt ok I'd leave that in my diet and go onto another food. It's a long, boring process and might not work, but if it does makes you feel better then surely it was worth it, but you do have to be strict doing it for it to be effective.

Good luck and all the best.

• Posted

I have been there before. Sulcrafate/Carafate and anti acids are all you can do for meds. I cut my eating quantity to 1/4 of normal. And you MUST stay hydrated. Find something that goes down and sits well with your stomach for hydrating. For each person its different. You also mention eating tube. Not sure if you meant feeding tube which I have had too. A g-tube. Or meant difficulty getting liquids and solids through esophageus into stomach. Watch your weight daily, and how much is coming back up. Your wastes will tell you how well you are doing getting food into stomach and digested..and urinating frequently tells how well you are hydrating. Hydrating is my biggest issue and my biggest asset for balancing chemistry. Drink that Carafate like an achoholic!! It took me 3 months to get mine under control. I had to reduce my anti acids from PPI's down to Rantidine due to lack of hydration. You will feel a sharp pain in your left flank if dehydrated from vomitting too much or not getting it into stomach. I know some people think an endocscope is the same as an esophagram test with barium. But I disagree. Seeing the debris go directly into stomach on video by x-ray is happiness to me. A camera down esophageus is a dry run. Somehow they can see motility by endoscope..not sure how...esophagram is usually ordered by a thoracic surgeon. You said you were seeing surgeon hope that's what you meant. If NOT, ask your G.I. doctor for a referral to Thoracic department and beg!! Hope you get the right combination. I hope I am not misleading you. Each person has a special ability. A symbiotic relationship is always recommended!! I also quit grease foods even mayonnaise. That helped a TON!! Don't let this psychologically tear you apart. Never give up!! Keep trying till you find the right match.

• Posted

watch they blame ibs for everything told me i had it sufferd 3 years then got told i didnt have ibs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.