Feeling High for 2 weeks, change in behavior!

Posted , 1 user is following.

so this is about my father who is a 47 year old male, he has recovered from covid(mild) and since then he his behavior is changed drastically its like he is high all the time! , he is addicted to codeine- he did not take codeine for 2 weeks due to covid recovery, he started taking that again and now he acts like he is high all the time, he is sleepy he has got racing thoughts about the past that is why he is getting in with the fight with every man/family member who did some form of harm to him in past in anyway, he does not try to understand what me and my mother try to tell him and ignore us, he is like living a whole different life, he is spending money on non essential stuff for no reason, he recently sued a car repair guy for charging him extra but that was almost a year ago! he is sending bs to my grandpa, who did not help him in business years ago. he was a guy who was calm and mind his own business but now he is hyper avtive and wants to work all the time! i am really worried about him he was in depression for a long time, and is still not recovered completely, he has seen a lot in life- i had to forcefully take him to a psychologist, but he did not took me with him and was off alone, i later talked to the doctor who gave him who told me he will get alright after 3-4 days but 4 days later he is the same, he prescribed some medicines to relive his brain and calm him down , but i am not sure what's the problem with him his behavior is changed so much!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.