Feeling Hopeless

Posted , 16 users are following.

I’m 70 years old. For the past 6 years I’ve had vaginal dryness - on and off. I’ve used vagifem and numerous other hormonal creams including compounded creams. Nothing really helps 

At my last visit a month ago my urogynocologist told me I have LS. She worded it by saying you have a skin disease. She didn’t show me where I have it and I was so taken aback I didn’t ask her! I check myself regularly and don’t see any white patches. I do have some itchiness 

She prescribed clobestol for 6 weeks 2x daily and then tapering off. It’s been 2 weeks and I still have burning and itchiness,though not all day and rarely at night. The doctor didn’t do a biopsy and this has been wondering if I have LS. I go see her again in 2 weeks so I’ll be sure to ask questions. This is very confusing for me. I’m trying to find a dermotologist who specializes in vulvar diseases but it’s been very difficult . Looking at pictures on the internet is scaring me as well.  I think when you have bad discomfort in the vagina it really takes a toll on you

0 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

PS - I was never told to have a biopsy. I am so fortunate my Gynaecologist is so knowledgeable in the study of LS and that she holds a yearly clinic just for LS sufferers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.