Feeling hopeless.. could I have endo?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all..

I've been in pain now for 6 years since I changed my pill from combined to one you take without a break. I am getting absolutely no where with my doctors. I'm being told that it is just ibs. I have pain on my left side and back all day everyday, my periods are irregular sometimes lasting a month, I get water infections all the time if I don't drink atleast 2/3 litres a day of water. I do have ibs symptoms but I don't understand how the pain would be so bad from it that I can't stand?! Any help advise would be amazing.. Does it sound like endo?

x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Is your obgyn saying it's only ibs? Yes, since at least 1979 docs have been lazily shouting "ibs ibs ibs." The 1st response to that is that they are NOT mutually exclusive conditions. You didn't say how old you are or which system you're in . The younger you are, the harder it will be to get a laparoscopy.

Ask your docs to provide you with copies of medical textbook articles documenting that ibs affects periods. Say it very innocently & bat your eyelashes so that they think you aren't being sarcastic, lol.

Sorry to say but we often have to push hard to get docs to pay attention to the symptoms we have, versus the decision they made about us before they even saw us. You've got to see a gyn or obgyn.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.