Feeling Horrible

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I haven't posted anything a while so here I am with a question. Normally I have crazy symptoms up to the run up of my period. Well I spotted for two days and now I have the flow but I feel horrible and with a weird head.

For those of you who still get periods, do you still feel terrible even when you get them?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely Jamie....used to get relief with period but prior finished yesterday and my head is full of pressure...feel like I could scream to be honest......pressure, pain, painful scalp and not very positive thoughts ....how does yours feel?....concentration and focus issues and light sensitivity...hugs to you 😊
    • Posted

Pressure behind the eyes and nose like I have to sneeze and don't and sometimes like someone is blowing up a balloon. It's hard to focus a little. I'm just so over this. I used to get relief but it seems to have gotten worse and the cramps are now overly painful.

• Posted

Yes in the last year or so no relief even after it starts. All throughout it used to be relief first day and then the week after too. By now not even a good week out of the month.
    • Posted

I hope we all feel better soon but its a relief to know I'm not alone.

• Posted

I used to long for my period to start so I could get relief from the pre menstrual tension feelings of bloatedness and tired headache. I even felt good! Now I get no relief when period starts. It's draining and the fatigue knocks me over. My head is sleepy and my body aches.

• Posted

Hey Jamie!

Unfortunately, no. I no longer get relief from my period.  It's like my symptoms have no rhyme or reason these days.  I don't know what to make of it. I literally have to take each day at time.  Peri really sucks!

• Posted

You are exactly right. One day at a time is all we can do. Its horrible.
  • Posted

Hi Jamie... I'm sorry that you're feeling bad.  I get the "weird head" and always very heavy flow on the second and third days.  On the fourth or fifth day, I get a headache that will not respond to any type of pain relief.  Also, I catch colds more often during periods than at any other time.  Makes no sense to me and is a miserable experience.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth!!

I spotted for two days which is something I've never done. I'm on the 3rd day now, and these cramps are the most painful I've ever had. My head feels weird and all I really want to do is stay in the bed. On a lighter note, the bleeding has gotten much lighter and the length has shortened from 7 to 8 days now to 4 or 5.

• Posted

Cramps are horrible.  I hope you can rest some.  It is good that it has shortened.  Mine are usually just about 5 days now and used to be more like 8.  I used to have some spotting when I was just getting into peri.  None of it makes any sense.
  • Posted

I was feeling pretty good all last month following my last period . I thought I had finally turned a corner . I even had just a headache rather then a bad migraine the week before . Then last week I came on and Thursday was so heavy and bad cramping and over the weekend the migraine came . I have felt ill ever since . Still got headache lingering , no appetite , feeling a bit sick still , achy , heavy eyed , bad throat , just generally horrible . I don't think the heat is helping either . What is this all . I really don't want to keep feeling like this . Also does anyone get a heavy , clear discharge ? I was just wondering . I am 49 next month and have had symptoms and anxiety since my mum died last summer . That seemed to be the onset of it all . I don't know if that is linked , but I have heard that trauma can intensify things . Any thoughts ladies . Stay strong love Jane X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.