feeling horrible, anxious, etc

Posted , 8 users are following.

Dear ladies, I read your posts regularly, and I have learned about some symptoms of peri/meno. I have some of them, and I hoped that some of them I would avoid. It seems to me now, that it is not my case.

Just for summary, I am 55, still with periods (last month only spotting, and some last month the periods were "strange", pinkish, or like prolonged spotting, three periods with strange anxiety and depression).

Last two years I had mainly physical symptoms - heavy bleeding with flooding, pains, bloating, night sweating, fatique, etd. Last year those symptoms seemed to lift off, and I felt healthy, strong, energetic.

However, since this spring, new symptoms appeared. I feel horrible. Mornings are horrible, depressive, I am full of anxiety a fears. My health anxiety is over the roof. I started with night sweats again. Cannot stand hot weather, rooms, clothes, etc. during the day.

Hands shaking, several panick attacks, feeling like fainting soon. Strange hot feeling over my face and arms (hands sweating) with panick several time during the day (are those hot flashes? Had not yet), whoosh whoosh feeling in my head, arms when falling asleep, "hearing" my blood in my veins (strange, is it?)

I want to cry, yell, run away, hide somewhere, afraid of going mad. Is this how my life will be?

Actually, I am afraid of future... I am going to be ill, sick, etc.all the time?

What to say more... I exercise regularly, love walking, try racewalking.

Love coffee and chocolates, but otherwise eat healthy. Have a nice husband, job is good.

Cannot see other causes to may metal state that peri.

Please tell me that this is all normal...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh Lena is a journey, first I will tell you to see your doctor and check your thyroid no matter what. I am 54 and I started with anxiety and my period stopped basically this year and my thyroid was playing a big role on it. I saw several doctors and they confused my diagnostics with only menopause and depression when I was never depressed before. I discovered later on that my thyroid was out of control and as soon I was put in the correct treatment my anxiety lowered. Exercise, vitamin B, water are fundamentals. I am not perfect but much better I should walk and have more exercise. Wish you luck
    • Posted

Thank marcia, I will see my doctor and ask for thyroid tests.

Thyroid problems run in my family, and I had some when I was 30+. I had pains in thyroid area, could not wear collars, scarves, could not touch my neck.

I do not experience this now. But definitively I will ask my doctor.

• Posted

Hi Lena. Wow I could have written this myself. I read your post and nodded the whole way through it. I 100% understand you.

I am 48 and my periods are now every 3 weeks rather than 4 but I am also having the night sweats, my sleep pattern has changed to where my body wakes between 4 and 5am and decides after 4 or 5 hours sleep it has had enough. I am someone who needs 8 hours. I have skipped heartbeats and I’m full of physical anxiety yet I am not worrying about anything in my life. I shake, can’t cope going out because I burn up all the time. If I go to a cafe I am the one sat there in a t shirt holding an iced cold bottle of water to my face when everyone else is sat there with thick coats on hugging mugs of hot chocolate etc lol.

i feel like I’m going to have a heart attack because of all the missed beats and I’ve been told there’s nothing wrong with my heart. I’ve just been given beta blockers to try and calm everything down.

i cry at ridiculous things and my moods are all over the place. My energy is gone and I hurt more. 

I feel eel like I’m going insane and I just want the old me back! 

Youre not alone.... there are many of us going through the same. The only thing that gets me through is the knowledge that it does end at some point.

• Posted

Hi, Lena, to me yes it's all normal darling..I'm like that myself feel horrible but it's comes on with dropping off to sleep and wake up feeling terrible..not sure what makes you feel horrible but to me all hormones doing it to us..shaking and anxious to familiar to me, we all want to yell and runaway if we could but meno will follow us there's no escape route, I'm 55 years old like you are but no periods approaching Post Menopause in 3 weeks time,I have been go through this for 8 years including when my periods started to change but the symptoms started off at 49-50 years old when I felt not the same person I was..always remember it's Temporary and will end one good day we have to stay positive and keep going I know it easier said then done,but I do see bit light going through my transition like feelings of normality so I know it will go away when the timing is right for that,so stay strong come on here and vent as much as you like we welcome you with open arms ((((((hugs))))))

• Posted

Hi there- i completely relate To how you’re feeling..The physical stuff is certainly no fun as I’m finding out, the emotional anxiety stress depression is just killing me. With it being the holidays it’s just too much, too overwhelming, too stressful. I find if I walk three or four times a week that helps but it’s been so cold and I’ve been so anxious and depressed I have not done it. I have no real answers Other than to say take it day by day… In my head I call my doctor every night to make an appointment with him the next morning comes in I don’t do it… Because what am I going to really say , I’m crazy??hang in there stay in touch and know you’re not alone! Sending hugs!
  • Posted

Lena,

I too could have written your post.  I started going through all of this about 4 years ago.  I am now 2 years into menopause and unfortunately for me it has not gotten better.  The only thing that has improved is my understanding of all of this.  I have read almost every book that I can on hormones and now understand how much they affect almost every aspect of your body.  I have also found out that some women do pretty much breeze through this transition.  I, on the other hand, like you and the others that have chimed in, have had a much more difficult journey.  I could type for hours about everything that has changed (for the worse) for me but don't want to bore you with my woes.  I do still have good days - sometimes even a couple of good weeks where I feel like "me" again and that is what gets me through the really hard stretches.  Menopause isn't for the faint of heart....that's for sure.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.