Feeling house bond

Posted , 10 users are following.

HI ladies

new to discussion and so glad i found this sight. I'm 49 years old and periods have been a little erratic all year. had some ovarian cysts so doc says this could make me irregular but lately

walking up with severe heart palps and now turned into full blown panic attacks. i can handle the night sweats and chills, but the aniexty is the worst. heading to OB today to ask for hormone check . Any help coping with panic and aniexty would be appreciated.

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear your feeling so bad, I suffer with Anxiety as part of Peri to, among an endless list of other symptoms. I take menopace, which has all the vitiams you need. To help with the anxiety I take ASHWAGANDHA, it's a herbal tablet and definitely helps, hope your feeling better soon xx

• Posted

hi - try using magnesium - it helps with heart palps, achy muscles & anxiety -

• Posted

which brand Ashwagandha are you taking? I would like to try to take it for my anxiety and stress. Thanks:)

• Posted

I am new to perimenopause, but it changed my life completely. I haven't been to work in 8 weeks and have barely left my house. The anxiety is crippling. I can certainly sympathize with you. Just an FYI, my hormone blood work was normal (almost 44 y/o).

• Posted

this is exactly how my perimenopause symptoms started, I was pretty much unable to do anything, panic attacks, severe anxiety, palpitations, hot flashes. I'm 39 , it's been 8 months and things are calming down except for the headaches and ear ringing. I guess peri does a toll on you initially but your body learns to adjust over time. I tried hormone pills, no help. now as other ladies mentioned, take magnesium, multivitamins, clean diet. good luck, we will get thru this.

• Posted

thanks everyone for the replies

going to defintely try magnessium for aniexty and heart palps.

Went to OB's office today to discuss perimenopause and HE didnt see much connection between heart palps and peri, i was not surprised as many dr's truly have no idea what we go thru during this time in our lives.

stacci 88515, sorry to hear your aniexty is so bad, i can relate , stay strong !!

• Posted

Just so you know, when I described my symptoms to my obgyn, she didn't think it sounded perimenopausal either. She said it sounded more adrenal and suggested I see an endocrinologist. It was this forum and Power Surge that convinced me that I am not crazy and that adrenal surges (heart palpitations) can be a sympton of perimenopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.