Feeling ill for a year - Wondering about Lyme but doctor said in my head

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last summer went in rainforest a lot got a 2 inch flat oval red bite appear end of 2 weeks in Costa Rica.

After 3 weeks started feeling ill - fluish, aches and pains, bone ache, constant dizziness, really tired. Dismissed by doctor. 12 days off work.

Continued getting ill a lot and work got a OH assessment. OH said wfh 4 days a week. Did but continued to worsen. Getting infections every 3 weeks or so, bleeding red blood from everywhere, very dizzy and off balance, bone pain. Falling asleep middle of day.

Blood tests done (not Lyme) normal except iron but symptoms continued even when rectified. Sent for several cancer tests due to bleeding, operation to remove fibroids, otherwise clear but CT showed enlarged adrenal gland.

Continued to worsen having to be bed bound and starting to get trouble breathing. Collapsed a few times, mainly on standing. Improved on double antibiotics. Became confused at one stage / brain fog and almost hallucinations but these improved after medicine. Putting on weight though still thin never happens to me but could be lack of exercise. Cannot manage exercise if standing too dizzy, swimming managed twice but became very dizzy on getting out, rowing did twice and collapsed both times after. Really bad heart pains for 24 hours once but clear tests.

Work made me get signed off and been off now for a few months with no solution being offered other than I am anxious. I feel like mild flu 2 weeks out of 4 then as if I about to die other 2.

Sorry its long, completely desperate as feel I will never improve. Spoke to doctor who said I would be far more ill if it where Lyme so there's zero chance it is, an American medic said they think it is but they are just a friend. Thanks very much for any ideas. I am mid 40s female with 2 secondary aged kids.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Bad thing about Lyme test is they are not always known for being 100% correct so definitely a possibility you could have Lyme or CIRS which has almost all the same symptoms. I would look for a different doctor.
  • Posted

Thanks very much, never heard of cirs, but house we just moved from room I slept in had a fair bit of black mold in so could be that. Didn't affect husband though but he's further away.

• Posted

So sorry. I hate Lyme. Grrrrr. The worst part is you feel alone cause doctors don’t believe you. 

Get a western blot Lyme test.  They are the most accurate. Then I would suggest joining a lime support group on Facebook. 

The one thing that helped the most is the hyperbaric chamber. But you need a hard hyperbaric chamber. You’re going to have to go to a private location as most hospitals only have them for looks.  

Sorry. God lead you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.