Feeling in chest and shoulder pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having a weird feeling in my upper chest and at the bottom of my throat. Its feels like there is something there that makes me feel like i have lack in oxygen so i forcefully inhale deeper. Also i had a sharp back pain that last no long at all in the past before the i had a weird feeling in my chest. Now i am feeling my left shoulder only that started to hurt but not so much that i notice it all the time, it only hurts when i put pressure on my left shoulder ( like pressing it ).  I am also currently have my o levels examinations when this happens. I have read so many articles online and reading some of them has partly made me to panic as some said that it might be symptoms of a heart attack and i am feeling very scared that i am constantly forcing myself to breathe. I am only able to see a doctor in more than a weeks time. ( excuse my broken language, im not that good )   Could this be very serious?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi celeste14, it sounds like your having heightened levels of anxiety due to stress, anxiety manifests in many different ways, i would recommend seeing your gp so they can rule out anything other than anxiety symptoms, when you feel like this please try some relaxing things like playing relaxing music and regulate your breathing and try to clear your mind of all thoughts by focusing on something simple in your surroundings like some art or  a flower in the garden, run some sand though your fingers repeatedly, things like that
  • Posted

Also when you feel the pain in your chest and shoulder please take a coulke of big and slow soothing breaths and roll your shoulders gently, do what you feel will help, maybe stretch your arm up, dont hunch when sitting as it affects muscles and breathing.
  • Posted

See a doctor ASAP!!! Go to an emergency room if you have to.  This could be a heart attack.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.