Feeling like death is near?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've always felt that my life would be short ever since I was younger. But back then when i would think about it , it would always be a feeling that it would be in the future. I could never see myself with kids, or having a career. I could never see myself in the future in general. I am 19 now, and I feel that my death will be soon. Like in a couple of months. Its giving me crazy anxiety. Although it is not a complete negative feeling, it still makes me extremely sad because I dont want to leave my family, especially my mom. Also, I've always had anxiety. Probably since the 6th grade. Paranoia is also another pest that I've delt with for a few years now. Maybe, it's just anxiety. But, ive felt like this my whole life. And its gotten worse these last couple of months. And i always hear about how some people who have that feeling end up dying right after. Please help me.

5 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hey. I know the feeling all too well. 

Have you seen a doctor about this at all? What are you afraid you are going to die from?

Either way you should try guided meditation, it has helped me a lot in the past, but I'm still working through it with my counselors and other helpers. 

If it's any consolation it's been constantly nagging me for the past 2 years and I go to bed every night thinking I am going to die but I'm still kickin. 

Be safe.

• Posted

Hello, thank you for your response. Whenever I think about my death, its usually vehicle related for some reason. I have seen therapists in the past. But I never discussed my feelings about death. But, maybe I should. For a while I took Cymbalta, but it made me extremely paranoid. I want help, but i dont want it to seem as if im complaining. Or seeking attention.
    • Posted

You 100% don't sound like youre complaining to me or seeking attention . Life is difficult for us all in different ways. I am also scared to get in cars so I understand that fear. My therapist always says there is a chance you could die but also a chance you might not. Is there a reason it might be vehicle related? Were you in an accident when you were younger or maybe watched a scary movie with something of the Sort? Either way I'm always open to chat if you need someone who understands.

Many hugs

• Posted

hello,

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this, anxiety does indeed suck! However, you must remember this is only anxiety playing tricks on you. Have you spoken to a doctor about how you are feeling? In the meantime use deep breathing for quick relief from anxiety: breathe deeply through your nose for 4 seconds, hold for 2 seconds then out through you mouth for 6 seconds- the trick is to breathe out for longer than you breathe in! It should calm you down really quickly when the anxiety starts. Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there!

Best wishes,

Jordan

• Posted

I think you need to go and see your GP who can always refer you on to see someone is psychology who may be able to get the bottom of what is making you think this way and also some coping strategies that may help to keep these thoughts at bay.
  • Posted

Hey can we talk about this i feel the same way your not alone
  • Posted

I've been suicidal for a few years now.. I was spiraling to a dark place and fast, I began self inflicting. I loved challenges there was really anything that I was afraid of, what was the worse that could "I die"... I didn't care it's what I wanted. These last few weeks the feeling is different, still suicidal but this feeling is more of a instant death. I say as far as a gun shot to the head. I don't fear death I embrace it. The feeling is different between being suicidal and actually feeling death coming.

• Posted

Hi maria45618

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

i have the exact same thoughts!!!

please tell me are you okay now? i can see this is 2 years ago..

• Posted

i am 19 years too.. i hope this is just some type of anxiety 😦

• Posted

You are only 19, fear of death causes early death. I think that as you are young, you have your life ahead of you, so make life great for you. You can change everything and anything you want. You can change friends, job, bank, even family. Friends can become family, etc. Live for you and pray on it.

• Posted

hey jordan, i just made a account right now i actually stumbled on this because i searched why do i feel like my death is near i have always wished i could have a family but i have never actually been able to see myself with a family or me in the future in fact but for these past few days i have felt like if i went to sleep i will die its a calming feeling but at the same time it scares me to the point where i do not want to sleep i really do not know why i am telling you this but you are not alone at least hope you are well

• Posted

I don't know if you have had or are having therapy with a psychologist, but if you are not doing it now, you should. As a layman, but someone who has also had this feeling, I can only tell you: live one day at a time. It sounds like cliché advice, but it is the best you can do. Find meaningful things to which you can devote time in your day, and don't miss out on therapy. You are young, you have a lot to live for, and a lot to contribute to our world.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.