Feeling like i'm a bad person for pretty much no reason..?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Lately at school I've been automatically thinking that I make people hate me or think that I could be hurting the people around me without even knowing it. I feel this deep set guilt that doesn't seem to be connected to anything really. I simply just feel like a bad/worthless person that nobody should talk to. idk. It's a really hard feeling to explain

I feel like i'm not social enough, not funny enough, not good to be around, etc. People at school talk to me just fine. I feel like it may have something with the fact that I feel like a failure over not being able to carry out a really good conversation with someone I barely know.

It's been killin me lately but I don't know exactly what to do about it all >sad

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

How old are you? And are you a boy or a girl? How long ago did you start thinking like this?

• Posted

17/F

I've always had feelings of worthlessness I guess but it's only gotten bad with the guilt recently

• Posted

Ok so around my age (19). I would definitely listen to Sayri's advice, get involved with your friends or clubs even if it's hard to at first! Also find a counselor or therapist and share with them what you've written on the sight. I know it seems like it won't go away but it will just stay positive!
  • Posted

I am 20 years old. And I have been going through the same thing for as long as I can remember. I always think that I am bothering people when I try and talk to them and nobody wants to know me as a person, because I am awkward and I just suck. 

But, I have recently started going to my counsel at school and he has me coming to group meetings. And I feel just talking about things has made me feel some what better. He tells me this is something that my mind is set to and I am going to have to work at it for a long time.  And that I need to realize I am not bothering people when I talk to them and I am worth knowing as a person. And you need to know that too! I also joined some clubs at my school just to get me out of my room and around people.

But,find someone to talk to, whether it is a family member, counslor, or just a person you trust and are comfortable with, you should not have to deal with this alone. Trust me I know, it is scary and sad.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Physical or biological factors influences your feelings and also what you think about yourself and the world around you. Here are some ideas:

1.   Express feeling : Talk with someone with whoom you are comfortable like a friend, teacher, parent or counselor, can be a great way of expressing your feelings.

2.   Chill out : Go away from the place which makes you feel like this. Change of scenery can be helpful.

3.   Get Creative : Spend your time in drawing a picture, writing a poem, or playing a game. 

4.   Take care of yourself : Get plenty of sleep, Do exercise and have a healthy food as it is important.

5.   Avoid alcohol & drugs.

• Posted

You are a special unicorn don't judge yourself and down yourself by saying you're not good enough by anyone else's standards be good enough for you and what makes you happy find what makes you laugh like animal videos on YouTube or a show and share it with friends you could introduce them to something new and thatcould mske you stand out even more make yourself happy and it'll be a domino effect

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.