Feeling like I'm going to die.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last few days I feel like I'm certainly going to just drop dead. I am your stand this is anxiety and I'm not reacting to it. Has anyone had this feeling go away eventually?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yep. I had this feeling for about 3 months, I still get it from time to time, but as soon as I recognise I've reacted to my thoughts in a negative way I can bring myself back to earth. I made my muscles so tense in my pectoral major and minor my shoulder and my arms and I kept getting shooting pains in them. I'd convince myself it was cardiovascular as my anxiety would make my heart beat like crazy and my pulse in my neck and stomach go crazy too.

the part of your brain that deals with self preservation can't tell the difference between an actual threat and a thought so it prepares your body for the worse. As soon as your brain activates the flight or fight response you have to calm it down. It sounds cliche, but breathing correctly will help you 100%. Also visit your GP. They'll help you a lot.

• Posted

I have, got meds they're working well, just waiting for my adrenaline to return to normal levels. Was anxious for four months constantly.
    • Posted

Yes, it is terrible to feel that way. I'm sorry that you feel that way right now. Prozac and Xanax help me tremendously. I have generalized anxiety disorder. Mine too is from a bad, fearful early childhood so I produce too much adrenaline when it's not necessary. I will always need the medication. Tried to wean off before but I need it. With these meds I can live a normal life. Best wishes to you. Feel better soon!
    • Posted

Doctors are all too happy to dish out meds for everything these days, ask your doctor to see a psychiatrist or ring IAPT or MIND yourself. The medication you are given is either a sedative (will make you dozy like a zombie) or a brain altering drug (a very VERY mild version of ecstasy) neither of them are good for long term use. Your symptoms sound very much like they're caused by your thoughts. The good news is, this is a learned behaviour and you can unlearn it with CBT, hypnotherapy, meditation, relaxation, PMR, EFT, exposure therapy. There's loads of ways you can unlearn this behaviour. So have a word with your GP or give me a private message I'll tell you what worked best for me. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.