Feeling like I was going to pass out on Zoloft

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have been on Zoloft for just over 3 weeks after switching from escitalopram. i have had a few occasions when i felt faint which made me panic when i was out. This has now added to my anxiety as I am nervous of it happening. Generally my side effects have stopped but the tablets are causing new anxieties and adding to my tendency to feel nervous when going outside of my home. Anybody else experienced this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jenny,

It is often a fine balance for us anxiety bunnies to find a medication whose side effects do not outweigh its benefits or potential benefits.

I was on Trazodone and had 5 major panic attacks in a week so have tapered off and guess what, no panic attacks but I am now a little concerned about starting my new med Paroxetine as the chemist dad it will probs make you sick and not work fully for about 6 weeks so I am off work and also spending time in house.

I saw some great self help vids on you tube a couple of days ago by

The Anxiety Guy

Have a search they may help you.

All the best 🙏

• Posted

Thank you I will take a look at them. Best Wishes to you.

• Posted

hey, curious to know why you switched? was esc not working or bad side effects too? how long were you on it etc?

i did the opposite switch (sert to esc) and have no side effects on this. i found sert an absolute nightmare for side effects. the beginning especially was awful. defo increased anxiety anong a million other things... i always felt somewhat 'drugged' though. gave up after 12 weeks. escit. seems to be helping after almost three weeks. a personal set back this week has really tested me but i know this is helping for sure. hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi there, I was on esc for 8 weeks with no change to mood except for very feeling very unmotivated. My Doc decided to try Sert instead of upping dose. At the moment I am not suffering much with side effects except for this occasional faint feeling which makes me quite anxious. I am hoping for a more positive improvement by the 8 week mark. If the side effects are creating more anxieties it seems pointless taking them. I live in hope! All good wishes to you.

• Posted

it shouldnt last, its very common to feel an increase in anxiety before you get better. i used to get dizzy and faint at the beginning with sert. usually happenes when i was exercising which i found incredibly frustrating as exercise is what usually helps me... these drugs take a lot out of you physically it seems but it wont last forever... best of luck anyway! you will do great

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.