Feeling like my head is going to explode at any moment

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently I've been getting these feelings in my head where it feels like the entire left side is heavy and might just explode or have a vein just blow up in my head. I'm 16 and have had myself checked at ER and my doctor's office multiple times and have had nothing wrong. The only thing I have never had is a brain scan so my anxiety has resorted to it and now I'm constantly thinking I have a aneurysm in my head or I'm going to have a stroke. With that thought I also have this feeling my head is going to explode and it gives me constant head pains. I can't go a day without thinking about it anymore and have no idea what to do about it at this point except force myself to go to the ER (which I don't want to do since going there costs a ton). I need some reassurance or help knowing that I don't have a aneurysm or I'm gonna have a stroke.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Go to the hospital. Get checked out. If you don’t have money, tell them you don’t have money and you can set up a payment plan once you do have money. It will put your mind at ease. Trust me!! 
  • Posted

Dude, I'm nearly 22 and I feel exactly the same. I get shooting pains up the back left side of my head and it feels like their is a building pressure on the left side like something is leaking. It also feels like a nerve or vein is growing up the side of my brain like a weird vine and crushing my brain like Ivy on brickwork. I have constant anxiety attacks on a night thinking I have a tumour or something and it is making my life a living hell. I have been refused brain scans due to the doctor saying that it's "Only your anxiety" and not trying to offer any other reassurance. I know none of this will help you but I just want you to know you're not alone in this, just keep bugging the doctors and eventually you'll get the result you require.

• Posted

Well, here's my input... I'm 39 years old and I have felt the EXACT same way as you both described, EXACTLY. It does feel like a vein or a blood vessel is going to explode, and when I rub my temples, it hurts more. It feels as if my blood circulation is going to be cut off. Of course, you panic to the extreme because you really are INTENSELY SCARED bcuz you don't know what's going to happen. I couldn't breathe, it's all I thought about, I never knew when something might happen, so I always stay inside worrying. I did go to doctor after doctor that kept telling me nothing was wrong. Well, I wanted more reassurance. I told the regular doctor, who always just blew me off, that I needed a referral to a neurologist, I made them give me one. I went n saw neurologist who did a whole bunch of scans, come to find out I had a cavernous hemangioma in my right rear brain ventricle... It's a malformation of blood vessels. I then had a seizure in my sleep. They only told me to just keep taking anti seizure meds, they really didn't care, I was just another patient. I moved and found a better neurologist who actually gives a s**t. He's helping me now because I also have pinched nerves n slipped discs... I've also had SEVERE panic disorder bcuz of this, SEVERE. They gave me a .5 of alprazolam and I have to take one an hour before I start thinking, because if not you'll sit there and panic yourself to where you can't even think. I had these daytime seizures where I felt like I was staring off into space,blank. All.of this was happening and I needed to.find a way to.control it myself,so I did. I asked for stronger anti seizure meds, and I learned how to take those pills-if needed I bite and chew them (2 of them) for quick effectiveness. Its fkn scary, VERY scary. Even if there's nothing "brain wise" wrong, those severe panic attacks will trigger high blood pressure and that's not good, you feel like your head or blood vessels in your body are gonna pop. PLEASE KNOW THAT U ARE NOT ALONE. No one understands what its like to CONSTANTLY be scared. There is reassurance tho, we just have to find it... I did feel better knowing that someone else is having the same Exact symptoms I have. I also am under an EXTREME amount of stress, I was let go from a position I held for 17 years, I lost all.of my income,single Mom of 3. I have no family, barely any friends, nothing. I am alone and struggling and applied for welfare, more stress. I say lots of prayers, I just hope I can get through this ok, the wondering and worrying is literally killing me....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.