Feeling like my world is coming to an end, I feel so ill everyday.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ever since last Friday, when I found out about how the Brexit vote could affect the global stock markets...I've felt so sick to my stomach. I keep seeing these articles pop up about "US economic collapse" and "global economic collapse", these articles are basically saying everyone is doomed. I'm terrified of it happening and I don't want it to be true.

Since last Friday, I've been crying pretty heavily, the happiness in my life has been sucked away. I've lost my appetite; looking at food makes me feel guilty, as if I should be doing something else. I can't enjoy simply being with my family, looking at them makes me incredibly sad...I don't want anything to happen to them or anyone else. No longer can I enjoy listening to music or watching videos. It's getting harder to fall asleep and I wake up earlier. I'm constantly thinking someone might break into my house, or something terrible like a tree will fall ontop of me or something. Everyday, I go and look at articles about the economy collapsing...trying to make a promise with myself to not read anything negative ends in failure. Everyday, I'm constantly checking the stock markets every few minutes to see if there's any good news.

Can anyone give me some tips, on what to do with myself or what's going on with me? Is there any merit to these articles, should I even be concerned? 

Please help, I don't feel well or like myself anymore. ;_;

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Do you have alot invested in the stock market since you are so upset?
    • Posted

Actually, I dont, it's just that I'm terrified that something might happen. I wonder if a lot of the articles are just read monger.

• Posted

I feel for you. I have been where you are and don't miss it. If it helps any: No the economy will not collapse because of the Brexit. The Brexit will have no long term effects on anyone's economy, not even the British one much less so USA or global one IF they indeed exit (as they still have the right to annul the referendum which was not mandatory btw). USA and Britain will collaborate. I mean, the world existed before Euro and it will be fine without it. Maybe even better if everyone opted out :D You are obsessing over something outside your control and this is a sure sign your anxiety runs a hell of a lot deeper than world economic crisis. I would advise looking into therapy to help alleviate your tension so you can be back focusing on things that are within your control. My anxiety disorder officially started on 9/11 after watching the attacks on TV. I am not American and do not live in the USA but had fears of a global war. As time went by and my psychiatric therapy progressed i managed to disconnect from all the things i can't control, learn the difference between what i should focus on and what i should not and slowly regained balance. It was a relief. I can now function in this difficult and uncertain world without breaking down every time some s**t hits the fan someplace on the globe. Wishing you the same. Hang in there.

• Posted

Maybe try to just live in the moment. Right now. Not five minutes from now,not an hour from now not tomorrow etc but now. Concentrate on living in the moment. It might help to slow the anxiety down. Try and concentrate about whats good in that moment and what you have to be greatful for. I have tryed to do this the past few nights while trying to sleep. It helped to calm my raceing thoughts. Xx
  • Posted

You obviously realize that all what you are doing will not change a thing in your the situation. You're basically just causing yourself a great deal of problems. Most of our worries are about things they will happen not even come into existence. You also have to learn to count your blessings and accept the inevitable.

All the best,

• Posted

economic collapses are only temporary things because the whole world follows its every move on the markets. Eventually things will recover provided there is stability in the area of investment i.e. that part of the world concerned following a collapse with a rise in share prices as confidence improves in an economy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.