Feeling like throwing up for 4 weeks?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So 4 weeks ago I Started to feel like throwing up. Now I feel like I will throw up 24/7. I can’t eat or drink much now because of how I feel. I haven’t thrown up even though I’ve tried. It gets worse at night. I also have extreme anxiety and emetophobia. Do you think I will throw up?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm in the same boat as you, but mine has been for 9 months. I haven't thrown up one time even though I've gotten very close, even now being extremely nauseous. If you haven't thrown up by now, you most likely won't. The more you think about it though, the worse you will feel because of your anxiety. When I get real nervous and anxious about it, I'll download a random high action game on my iPad or phone and just play it to get my mind off of it and it usually works. Just keep yourself busy as you can so you won't think about it. You also probably should see a gastroenterologist to get to the bottom of why you are feeling this way. I am emetophobic too so I really understand your battle on a personal level. I'm too afraid to even attempt to make myself throw up.

• Posted

Maura, it sounds like you might have gall stones. Get checked ASAP.
    • Posted

Do you think I will throw up? Also I have a GI appointment on August 13 but that seems way to long.
  • Posted

I'm going through the exact same thing, it does worsen at night and then about 6 hours later I get extremely hungry and nibble on crackers, I barely eat anything because of it and I am also ementophobic and have horrible panic attacks/anxiety (It's actually comforting knowing someone else is going through the same thing so I don't really feel alone). I've got an appointment on the 6th of August so I'm hoping I'll get this figured out cause it's so annoying and stressful! The only tip I really have for you, is what I've been doing to get through it until I see a doctor. Just only drink water, eat some light foods (as much as you are comfortable with, for me that's just a few bites or veggies. I do have a history of gallstones but never got it removed, I just changed my diet but I do live with a house full of boys who love junk food, and smoke marijuana and get that sweet tooth sometimes. Which sucks later >.<wink I also really struggle to get to sleep at night so I'm up until like 6am and then get only 6 hours. But anyways, I hope you feel better and figure out whats wrong! Also, reassuring you everything will be okay and it will all pass.

• Posted

Do you feel nauseated and bloated ? Do you have pain anywhere in your body?
  • Posted

I too felt the same since months .., nauseous all the time and after eating mostly but did not throw up was very close to though .,., bloated stomach , , fullness in upper abdomen all test came out normal ,., CBC test ,liver functioning test, Tsh, Hbv,hcv,hav, creatinine test all normal , but endoscopy showed antral gastritis, reported as hyperemic mucosa seen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.