Feeling Lost, herniated, neuropathy, fibromyalgia, etc

Posted , 3 users are following.

ASKING FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS ON ANY PART OF MY ISSUES PLEASE

I've been in 3 car accidents (none my fault) but they have left me with 7 herniated discs both cervical and lumbar, permanent nerve damage, loss of reflexes, degenerative disc disease, dvt from the neuropathy, massive edema, major migraines, radiculopathy (sp), muscle spams and now tremors, restless leg syndrome, insomnia from pain, and now fibromyalgia. I've done epidurals they don't work, I've tried physical therapy, I've had a facet block which didn't last as long as it was suppose to so not considered successful, was told I'm not considered a candidate for fusion surgery, and I take 16 medications daily including one for my acid reflux I developed from taking so many medications. My medications are getting too expensive 3 of them are $900 a month and i still have 13 more meds to pay for each month. One of these is Savella for the fibromyalgia. I've had almost every adverse reaction possible when I told my doctor I wanted to switch they just lowered the dose.....

I'm happy to share more of anyone had questions that may help pinpoint a better response.

PLEASE HELP ME! Does anyone have any suggestions to try for any of my issues. I can't image the rest of my life being like this.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My sympathy goes out to you..i just got diagnosed with fibromyalgia too, along with a bulging disk. I cant imagine the extent of the pain you are going through but I sympathize with you because my condition too causes pain, even if on a lesser level. I find it hard to function sometimes...walking feels like I have a giant painful burning ball in my back. 

Stay positive. It is so hard to find the proper medicines and treatment(at least that has been my experience.) Ive been pushed around to over 5 doctors who dont have any answers for me and refuse to put me an any narcotic painkillers(even though they help me.) It can be very frusterating but keep your chin up. Keep trying things and never give up. Eventually somethings got to give.

• Posted

Thanks danielle. Stressing positive can be hard, I do it for my kids but one day hopefully I can do it for myself again. I wish you the best of luck on your journey as well. Please let me know how things go!
  • Posted

Got a call from doctor office they are switch meds to an affordable alternative. Hydromorphone 8mg disp 120, morphine er 20mg disp 30, and cymbalta (I believe 30mg disp 60) per month. This comes out to around $165 vs $900!!!!!! Big difference, still going to drain my acct but at least i won't be in as much pain anymore.
  • Posted

I am trying to sound positive for you you have so much going on but as far as i am concerned, keep in touch with the group, I am sure we will all be routing for you.

Can't give you any advice on fibromyalgia because I know people who have it but no experience. I underrstand that it is very painful so you need new meds, which you say you now have.  I hope these help you. 

3 accidents - can you not sue?   It looks like you are in the USA and like you I pay for my meds only to a much smaller degree.  My doctor won't give me enough Pazital (38% Tramadol and the rest is Paracetamol) because I think she thinks I will do myself in.  So I buy them myself. If I was at home in England, I wouldn't get as much out of a doctor, advice etc. and  they wouldn't question  the amount of Pazital I take which by the way is normal. I take 2x3 times a day.  I am not sure whether Lyrica would help because I don't know enough about your condition but Lyrica is for nerve pain. 

Like you, I have had lots of doctors, surgeons, osteopaths etc. and have had this type of pain with my spine for over 11 years and still have got nowhere.

Keep in touch and stay positive - There is a fibromyalgia group on facebook, i will look for you.

• Posted

Yes I am in the USA. This was the best forum I could find, as it covered all the issues I needed to talk about, accident and injury, fibromyalgia, spine etc. As far as my meds they changed me from Savella to generic Cymbalta, we will see how it works but it's the only fibromyalgia med I can afford, they lowered my morphine back to 20mg er because I couldn't afford the 50mg er, and upped my hydromorphone from 4mg 6 times per day to 8mg but only 4 times per day so I'm really only on 8mg more per day but 30mg less morphine. So I feel like they lowered my meds rather than upped them. We will see.

Anyone on Cymbalta for their fibro? How does it work for you?

• Posted

I seem to be doing OK on Cymbalta so far. Getting over a sinus infection so we will see how I feel after that as I'm super tired lately. Pain is still abundant but not so severe that I can't push past it if need be but still bad enough that I can't push past everyday.

Still would love you hear from others on Cymbalta and how they are doing on it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.