Feeling low 😩

Posted , 5 users are following.

Evening ladies !

Having a rather rubbish day today 

Had surgery 14 weeks ago and been taking it easy .... about 2 weeks ago I did a little too much walking/ tidying/ intimate stuff and paid the price for the following week - noticed that the bobble from my stitches was going hard and in an uncomfortable position just inside ,rested up and last week hoorah started to feel better again ! Did a little too much again yesterday (only walking and trying out new beds ) and today I'm paying for it 😩😩😩 

This annoying bobbly bit is back with a painful vengeance ..I did have a peak and it's swollen up and I'm sure I can see a white stitch .

This is seriously starting to get me down ..I'm 36 with 2 kids and it's rubbish not being able to join in the fun , go for a bike ride ,muck about in the swimming pool or walk around the park without having to sit down and rest !!

I do hope the hacking cough I had at 3 weeks recovery hasn't undone all the surgeons work ! 

Saw my local gp a few weeks ago and I had an infection from surgery but otherwise she said all looks fine - I've had no follow up from hospital as apparently it's not needed ! 

I have now phone ld my surgeon and got an appointment but it's not u til 2nd November which seems like forever away . 

Rant over. Thanks for listening -😊

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh bless you, I so get where you're coming from. Just when you think you can do a little bit more you get knocked back again! I've been in quite a bit of pain today but my weekend wasn't too bad so I dont understand it! Had  gentle walk out & felt fine afterwards. I also worry that the op hasn't worked or worse still that this pain will never leave me. I do feel despondent some days! That's my rant done! You take care x

• Posted

So sorry happynoon,

did your GP put you on an antibiotic?  

I know how hard this is... what do you mean about a "bobble"?  I'm in the US, and I love learning your Englishisms!  

Hang in there,

Sherry

• Posted

Hi sherry 

The bobble  is the knot where the stitches were placed at the bottom !  - it's really annoying !! 

• Posted

I hear ya!!

It's so frustrating as it seems its 1 step forward, 2 steps back. I'm 5 months post op and am just starting to feel like I can see the light at the end...although I'm still very careful about how much standing I do. Walking for long periods is ok for me now, but I'm only just getting back to the gym more than once per week. Didn't go back to work till 14 weeks and it still really took it out of me.

After panicking and thinking that the op had failed every couple of days, every time I did too much and swelled up, I put an image on my phone homescreen to remind me to:

Slow down

Calm down

Don't worry

Don't hurry

Trust the process

Hope you begin to feel better soon. Remember to take it ridiculously easy still.

Juli x

• Posted

It does get you down especially if normally you are active and having kids keeps you on the go! I get fed up too and very tired and I thought this would have improved by now but still get aches and pains and very tired, I had my op last November so it is a long haul I am afraid and people forget you are still recovering because it does not show and if you are like me you don't want to tell them all the gruesome details about toilet habits. Its bad enough when they ask you what have you had done! Good luck with your recovery and if you have time between school runs discover a nice peaceful hobby and have a rest!

• Posted

Thank you ladies

I'm feeling a bit better hearing your words of encouragement. 

A little less uncomfortable today and having a rest day tomorrow so hopefully il be more comfortable by the weekend.  Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.