Feeling low

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello ladies

Well I posted on here a week ago that I was seeing some improvements. I did for 4 days and hopefully I will again.

I've been going back and forward to the doctors the last 6 months with all the horrible symptoms like a lot of you ladies. My doctor is making me feel that I am an anxious nuisance. I am on HRT (for roughly 15 weeks. I've got/had some awful frightening feelings.

Terror

Feeling low

Panic attacks and so anxious. I don't want to go anywhere unless it is local and not for to long.

Absolutely shattered (had about 20 hours sleep in the last month)no kidding.

I feel anxious all the time now. I just can't relax,my body is so tense.

Burning mouth

Headaches and tinnitus constantly the last 5 months.

Lightheaded.

I'm sure certain things are due to the high anxiety.

My thoughts and mood changes every hour.

Well my doctor has not been that understanding. She put me on HRT because I asked her. I've had no discussions about it. Months ago she advised me to contact the NHS anxiety and depression service which I did and spoke with them a bit

What annoys me is that she just thinks it is me I'm sure nothing to do with the menopause. When I rang her last week about possible checking hormones she replied that it is definitely not my hormones and to contact the anxiety and depression number again. That I had to do it for myself.

Where do i go from here?

She said there's nothing she can do .

I don't want to feel like this,all this is getting me down. I feel like I'm holding my husband back and because of me he is wasting a few years

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I fully agree with replies here, and also about adrenal issues.

?What frustrates me is that doctors or some, don't seem to be able to join the dots up...the menoupause (as we all know) is about hormones in decline, what is bound to happen?  

?HRT in some instances does not help...

You're depressed because your're depressed no patholigical reason is absurd, it really is, does one have to go to medical school for 7 years to understand that fact.

?get totally p&*^% off with this, the menopause does not affect you mentally rubbish...

?Sorry, fed up with all of this.

?I hope you manage to find a "doctor" who listens, but keep going back until they listen, all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.